Team Gen Six

Sadly Clarence has had a bit of a run in with a pothole and is currently on a stand outside our house while the front passenger wheel is off to be repaired!

£160 for a new tyre, £25 for the fixing of the wheel, and £40 to repaint it... could be a lot worse, though!

(Also handy that guy who runs the body shop at the local VW van centre only lives around the corner!)
So are you going to bill the council for the damage?

Photos of the hole you went down (I'd have done that straight away) & the damage plus the cost of a new wheel & tyre, did getting it repaired if they can't look after the roads they can pay for the repairs might get them to do something

Was the Mrs who went down it; didn't have an issue immediately it's only become apparent a few hours later that something was amiss when the TPMS flagged up an issue.

(Speaking of which the TPMS is pretty rubbish, it's the same on my Passat, gives a warning if one of the tyres is off compared to the rest by using the ABS system & wheel rotation, but takes ages before it actually twigs something is wrong, so is more of a conformation rather than an advanced warning)

Was the Mrs who went down it; didn't have an issue immediately it's only become apparent a few hours later that something was amiss when the TPMS flagged up an issue.

(Speaking of which the TPMS is pretty rubbish, it's the same on my Passat, gives a warning if one of the tyres is off compared to the rest by using the ABS system & wheel rotation, but takes ages before it actually twigs something is wrong, so is more of a conformation rather than an advanced warning)
Yep it's the cheap way of doing it, just taken delivery of a new Suzuki which has proper tyre valve sensors and reads the pressure on each tyre...,,

What's the process for this? What evidence would I need?
I have done this before and its tricky, you can only make a claim if someone has reported a problem and they have failed to rectify it in a reasonable time frame, problem is they wont volunteer info that someone has reported it.
Theres a website around somewhere (well there si for my local council) showing reported issues and the date they were submitted.
Then comes the issue of reclaiming money, mine would only pay out against a VAT invoice from a recognised main stream garage or main dealer so you can only attempt a claim if you pay top dollar for the repair but you wont even know if you can claim untiol after you have paid out so it was a bit of a catch 22

Hi,

We just bought ours ex demo, 5k miles on the clock paid 38k for it, its a 204 model.

You need to play the game regarding PCP as it can save you thousands, in essence you need the newest with the lest miles for the best future value, you then need to haggle down the purchase price so the GAP (The amount financed with interest) is less

This is how lease companies can offer such cheap PCPs on cars sometimes.

VW Van centre Manchester were offering 10% off new bringing the cost down to around 43k inclusive but because the future value was not 5k better than the demo it was much higher on the PCP cost.

Its also worth bearing in mind that a new one would now cost 450 per year tax were as the ex demo (as its registered before March) is 185.

Hope that all makes some sense, in essence just do it you only live once, the amount of looks a Gen 6 gets is amazing not for an introvert lol

rule of thumb on PCP is 1k equals £25 per month
Just out of curiosity is yours a 66 plate??? Many thanks

Thanks....I've been awake since 3am waiting for the F1 to start....
should be good this year with the changes to the rules and Ferrari getting their act into gear.....better racing, hopefully.

Back