Hi from Glasgow T6 generation six

Welcome from another Glasgow member. It's a great resource of information and plenty of knowledgeable people to help out with issues and modifying your van.

Thanks. That is the scary bit. What upgrade is needed to fix the EGR issue? Oil dilution is it a problem on this engine?
I already miss my 2.5 TDI. Reliable and neve missed a bit. And it pulls a lot better than the euro 6 150. Will probably fix this with remap. What I can’t change is the sound. The 5 Cylinder sounds like a proper beast, manly engine :). The 4 pot has nothing exciting about it a possibly troubles :)
However upgrade was necessary, you realise what you want from your Van only when you spend time together.
Pulling off a junction with the manual box require a bit of attention, the first gear ratio is very short and the engine builds up speed only when in 3rd gear. This doesn’t happen with DSG.
Cruise control, big mistake not to have it. Driving long distances without it to me it’s agony. ACC will definitely repay me for all the long travels done without cruise.
Power latching. My wife can’t manage to close the slogans doors properly, most of the time I have to jump off and close them by myself. Power latching will save me time and stop any argument with my wife (this worth all the money paid for the T6).
Unfortunately the tailgate has no power latching but I have read it could possibly be a reliability issue.
Next is the rear aircon never worked on my T5. It means blasting cold air or hot air through the front vents at max speed almost all the time. Not much of a conversation you can have for the first 20/30 minutes of travelling :).
With 2 children around fabric seats always dirty with juice, mud and food.
Leather would have been the better solution but had to compromise to alcantara seats. Already bought Gardx protection… however alcantara looks more delicate than fabric…
Heated seats. Not a big miss on fabric seats but sometimes it’s nice to have your bottom warm for a few minutes in a cold morning…
My wife likes Radio 6 on BBC and DAB+ was a miss on the T5.
T5 caravelle has got great headlights illumination. Can’t complain but once you drive a car with LED lights, driving without it looks like you are driving with candles in the dark.

Back