Team Gen Six

Hi, I am new to the forum and seriously considering one of these at the moment... they look fantastic!!! Just got to get the dealer to increase my p/x price on my 3month old Touran...

Hi, I am new to the forum and seriously considering one of these at the moment... they look fantastic!!! Just got to get the dealer to increase my p/x price on my 3month old Touran...
Sell it privately.

As Loz says, if at all possible sell it privately, the dealers take the P when it comes to offering you anything near what your vehicle is worth, and then cream it on the new purchase as well. Therefore they are actually getting it 3 times, your vehicle coming in, your new vehicle going out, and then your old vehicle going out. Whilst it can be a pain to do it yourself, It's a grand in your pocket at least, that is not in a dealers.
Good Luck. This is my first van, and it is probably the most fun vehicle I have ever owned.

I used the 5 month wait for the build to sell our Touareg and made 3K more than the dealer offered on the day and 6K more than the value would have been at actual handover day. To be fair to my dealer, he was completely honest over how they value the cars and said they were happy either way.

I used the 5 month wait for the build to sell our Touareg and made 3K more than the dealer offered. To be fair to my dealer, he was completely honest over how they value the cars and said they were happy either way.
Wow, 3k, that definitely makes it worth it.

Hi there. I've owned ours about 3 weeks and we (me, wife and 2 kids) all really love it. We went for the Caravelle as we have always had cars so I wanted it to still feel more car than van. Which we all feel it does.

For us it's the ultimate family car, does everything, in style and comfort and has all the storage we could need.

We have the 200+ bhp, which is surprisingly good. I did a 7hr round trip to Wales with 3 "big" mates yesterday and it was floorless. Thundered down the roads. They all loved it as well.

Niggles...
Few but here they are:
1) When you look closely I don't think the paintwork is as good as it could be.
2) SatNav is definitely not as good as the BMW was
3) when you go over 75mph a warning comes up on the dash and stays there until you drop back under 75!!!!!!. This infuriates me as it then stops you viewing the satnav arrows, this may be standard on VW's I don't know, but it sucks.

I'll add more later if I think of them....

Oh and DEFINITELY do not pay the original RRP. There's some really good deals to be had

Hope this helps, happy to answer questions if I can

3) turn off or increase the speed warning in the display.

Reactions: DC.
Hi there. I've owned ours about 3 weeks and we (me, wife and 2 kids) all really love it. We went for the Caravelle as we have always had cars so I wanted it to still feel more car than van. Which we all feel it does.

For us it's the ultimate family car, does everything, in style and comfort and has all the storage we could need.

We have the 200+ bhp, which is surprisingly good. I did a 7hr round trip to Wales with 3 "big" mates yesterday and it was floorless. Thundered down the roads. They all loved it as well.

Niggles...
Few but here they are:
1) When you look closely I don't think the paintwork is as good as it could be.
2) SatNav is definitely not as good as the BMW was
3) when you go over 75mph a warning comes up on the dash and stays there until you drop back under 75!!!!!!. This infuriates me as it then stops you viewing the satnav arrows, this may be standard on VW's I don't know, but it sucks.

I'll add more later if I think of them....

Oh and DEFINITELY do not pay the original RRP. There's some really good deals to be had

Hope this helps, happy to answer questions if I can
The speed warning can be turned off.

Reactions: DC.
Thank you guys! I've seen a demo that looks good hence feel an element of 'take advantage of the good price it's being offered at' versus wait to sell privately and potentially lose out on it. Advice on what to pay? Brand new I was offered 6% discount which seems a bit stingy but better pcp rates. Ex demos seem great value but best quote on pcp is 9.4% who said lower for longer...

Thank you guys! I've seen a demo that looks good hence feel an element of 'take advantage of the good price it's being offered at' versus wait to sell privately and potentially lose out on it. Advice on what to pay? Brand new I was offered 6% discount which seems a bit stingy but better pcp rates. Ex demos seem great value but best quote on pcp is 9.4% who said lower for longer...

All I can say is, when we looked at ours first it was £55K. We went back a few months later, it had 4000 miles on clock as had been demo'd.... I paid £40,500 with bike rack fitted. (66 plate). There were cheaper advertised on auto trader, some were older plate / lower spec... but I wanted to use our local dealership as was happy at that price.

We bought ours outright with a part loan which was much cheaper think 3.9%.

You do often get better discounts with PCP, because the dealer gets their bonus from VW financial services, so can afford to pass a wee bit on to the customer by way of a better vehicle discount.
Equally you can get a better discount on ex-demos. That's what i bought. But then I was ultimately cheeky. To get the enhanced discount I did it on PCP, and then the day after picking up the van paid it off in full with VWFS, cancelling out the PCP without penalty! Sneaky.....

I think you should get 12% discount on a van inc extras; 10% on a Vel inc extras. APR 4.9%, plus VW did have a loyalty scheme if you own a VW already another £1000, plus really good deals on a 5 year warrantee, and your next 4 services.

Hi,

We just bought ours ex demo, 5k miles on the clock paid 38k for it, its a 204 model.

You need to play the game regarding PCP as it can save you thousands, in essence you need the newest with the lest miles for the best future value, you then need to haggle down the purchase price so the GAP (The amount financed with interest) is less

This is how lease companies can offer such cheap PCPs on cars sometimes.

VW Van centre Manchester were offering 10% off new bringing the cost down to around 43k inclusive but because the future value was not 5k better than the demo it was much higher on the PCP cost.

Its also worth bearing in mind that a new one would now cost 450 per year tax were as the ex demo (as its registered before March) is 185.

Hope that all makes some sense, in essence just do it you only live once, the amount of looks a Gen 6 gets is amazing not for an introvert lol

rule of thumb on PCP is 1k equals £25 per month

I'm now in a dilemma. I've been offered a 150 Bhp with 50 miles pre reg on a 66 plate for £38k they've offered a lease purchase - not pcp with 6.9%.
Then there is a 204bhp with electric sliding doors and a bike rack for £39950 but has 6,000 miles on it. I will know in the morning Apr and costs etc but not sure which to go for...

I want to do a deal tomorrow.

The 150bhp dealer has given me £500 equity in my part exchange, the 204 hasn't priced it yet...

Back