Team Chrome Yellow

Here it is at last.

My Chrome Yellow T32 Highline, 204ps DSG.

The visual upgrades you can see. It also has rear parking camera, comfort dash, electric sunroof, awesome led head and tail lights and loads more.

The first mod had already been done, I've had the fake rear windows put on.

Next will be sound deadening, insulation, ply panels and carpet lining. I will be doing all that myself even though I've never done anything like it before.IMG_20180924_175722.jpg IMG_20180924_175651.jpg

very nice . . . . . .

loving those fake rear windows. very cool. =]

Where did you get the fake rear window from and how much
Cool colour as well,bit different, what mods are planned

Where did you get the fake rear window from and how much
Cool colour as well,bit different, what mods are planned

The rear fake windows were sorted out by the garage I got the van from. They use a local company that do conversions. No idea who the company is tho, but I could find out for you. They cost £360 including the vat.

As for mods, probably won't do much as it will be a work van, so just sound and thermal install along with ply panels, carpet lining, some more lights, maybe upgrad the step lights...........

Ok folks.
  • Standard black or white stickers - £1.99 (as per forum shop).
  • Limited edition team colours - £2.25
  • 1 × sticker, 1 × SS T6 keyring - £10.00
Team Grey.
Team Red.
Team Yellow.
Team Blackberry.
Team Blue.
Team White.
Team Black.

PM:
Name.
Delivery address.
Contact Number.

Postage will be 1st class(£0.67)hardboard envelope posted 12hrs after receiving payment.
IMG_1198.jpg

I realise this is an old thread but I'm sitting over the buy button on a Chrome Yellow T6. I really like the colour - but I am concerned I'd only like it in its 'showroom state'. How have you found maintenance, chips, keeping it clean? Basically, has the colour had any negatives?

I feel I'm one stone chip away from a horrible black primer mark that will drive me nuts.

I realise this is an old thread but I'm sitting over the buy button on a Chrome Yellow T6. I really like the colour - but I am concerned I'd only like it in its 'showroom state'. How have you found maintenance, chips, keeping it clean? Basically, has the colour had any negatives?

I feel I'm one stone chip away from a horrible black primer mark that will drive me nuts.

Maintenance wise, no different to any other colour. A good coat of wax helps keep it looking good.

As for chips, the few mine has show through as white. It would seem mine started life as a white van.

Yeah, I think some of it having read the 'trouble with yellow cars threads' on the Internet. Possibly always mistake. The rest is me suffering an existential crises related to owning something that expensive (not a big car person so it'd be second only to my house) and my previous efforts in car washing being a disaster of swirls and water marks no matter what I tried.

Oddly my silver Focus just seems to survive off of rain and has no chips - but yeah, I worry I'll ruin it once have to wash it.

Car wash noob.

Looks stunning Earl.
Fake rear windows are high on my list of wants.
How did you get on with your insulation and carpet lining etc???

Back