Yellow dash light warnings [Resolved]

Celex

Good morning, on starting my 1966 BiTDI several yellow lights appeared: (1) tyre pressure (flashing then on constantly) (2) stability (3) ABS. The BlueMotion also became unavailable and remained so. Tyres all OK and have reset to no avail. Any help please? 1 sensor/fuse to rule them all and in the darkness bind them? Thanks.

Could be a poorly battery. How old is it, and when did you last drive the vehicle ?

Pete

Could be a poorly battery. How old is it, and when did you last drive the vehicle ?

Pete
Thanks for the quick response Pete. The vehicle starts on the button and did so the other morning when the lights came on. Don't know the age of it but can put my multimeter across it and see what's what. I'll report back on here.

Feels like a wheel speed sensor fault as wheel speed data can underpin most of the features you are getting warnings about if it's not just general ECU unhappiness from a low battery.

BTW I'm assuming 1966 is not the model year - if not hats off to VW being so far ahead of the game with ECUs back before the moon landings :thumbsup:

BTW I'm assuming 1966 is not the model year - if not hats off to VW being so far ahead of the game with ECUs back before the moon landings :thumbsup:
Der!!! Quite right I meant to put down 66 reg. It's been a bit of a frazzled few days. Also lost RHS driver's mirror to a foreigner on the Loch Lomond side A82 who could not control a large white motorhome with even bigger mirrors sticking out the side. Hey ho! Thank you roadtripper T6ChrisO has same advice for me. I'll report back.

Hi Folks, so a no load Fluke reading is 12.65. I don't know the age of the battery and can't see a date on it (Varta) but using the vehicle for an everyday and occasional away camping holidays one I have not had any indication of unhappy condition. So perhaps the speed sensors route is the more likely to reveal what may be the common cause of the yellow lights? Having been put on some very likely tracks it's good to discover how many good videos with explanations there are to be had.

Last edited:
Carista will tell you which wheel it is.
Hi Folks, so a no load Fluke reading is 12.65. I don't know the age of the battery and can't see a date on it (Varta) but using the vehicle for an everyday and occasional away camping holidays one I have not had any indication of unhappy condition. So perhaps the speed sensors route is the more likely to reveal what may be the common cause of the yellow lights? Having been put on some very likely tracks it's good to discover how many good videos with explanations there are to be had.

Look here.

speed sensor

So just a quick reply to those who pointed me in the right direction: new battery fitted A6 Varta AGM 110 80ah and BlueMotion now operating again. Wheel speed sensors checked left rear replaced and all yellow lights no longer present. All recoding done. Thank you to all who took the time to help out.

Back