Picture of 4 Yellow Stripe Springs and weight plate - Help!

Northencampervan

VIP Member
I'm trying to save money, but need my van uprating, I'm currently trying to prove that the 4 Yellow Stripe Springs come on a T30 and can take the slightly higher rear axle load.

Can anyone take a picture of the Rear Springs (4 Yellow Strip ones) and the Weight plate from their T30?

Otherwise its a new set of springs, or some T32 ones where I can prove the providence!

Have a word with CRS I’m sure I’ve read in the past that he has a stack of nearly new take-off springs and might be able to do you a good deal on fitting the ones that suit your needs.

My T30 definitely had 4 yellow stripes on the rear springs. My weight plate is blank unfortunately.

My T30 definitely had 4 yellow stripes on the rear springs. My weight plate is blank unfortunately.
Ah that's frustrating, Its getting upplated to 3000kgs but I'm wanting a bit more on the rear axle and need to prove they use those springs on T30's.

It needs to get sorted this week as we are off to Europe for the summer and DVLA are 7/8 weeks right now....

I had to change the rear springs (4 yellow stripes) as originally fitted on my T30 because after having my full camper conversion fitted the rear end was sagging due to the extra weight .

I fitted a stronger set of springs and matching shock absorbers and that bought my van back to original height which is important to me as I travel off road a bit and need the ground clearance and comfortable ride.

I had to go after market (Pedders) for the springs and shocks as vw Australia only had a second hand pair and quoted a ridiculous price to supply and fit. An Australian suspension company has a set of heavy duty springs and shocks especially for heavier T5 and T6 vans and would supply and fit for a third of the price from vw. These have been great, I've done over 50,000 km with them.

Not many Australians lower their vans so there is not many used springs available.

After the camper conversion the original T30 springs (4 yellow) were not enough to support the weight of my van comfortably so do you have a camper you are trying to uprate as the t30 springs may not be strong enough.

Not sure if you could use these elements.

A configuration sticker from a T6 which shows rear axle weight category 0YB and vehicle's gross weightrating 1BA
1684389967075.png

A description of spring used for 0YB (4 yellow stripes)
1684388605170.png
The above is snippet from

Perhaps simply pictures of configuration sticker and weight plate - they both have the VIN - to link all the above together.

So I manged to fully load the van bar clothes/food and 1 small child yesterday, it surprisingly came in at 2600kgs and nicely balanced over both axles. So I'm in less of a panic to uprate it now.

However the back end sag is noticeable, is the general wisdom that some t32 springs will fix that, or do I need a more complete solution. Steering feels light as the front end is sitting up.

Back