Tale of Woe - T6.1 Fuel leak

I will be speaking to VW customer “care” once my local dealer has made a full assessment of the situation, they will be receiving both barrels.

The Vel is being stripped down at the dealers today, I’ll hopefully have all the details tomorrow. Loving the Kia life.

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
An actual update, there’s been internal damage to the engine. Lots of parts ordered and I should hopefully have the van back towards the end of next week. I’ve raised a case with VWCV customer services too.

Last edited:
Glad to report that the Vel is running well after all the work which was carried out. (Bent valves etc after the aux belt took out the timing belt) We’re going away with it for the bank holla weekend, happy days.

Just to wrap things up, there was no probable cause for the initial fuel leak. Injectors and fuel pressure have been monitored and all found to be okay. Just bad luck on this occasion. Got a parking fine from Maidstone Services this morning for overstaying whilst awaiting the AA, charming.

Finally, a shameless plug for my local VW van service centre, Hadwins of Lindale. I was kept informed throughout the repair processs and I’m very pleased with the work carried out, all under warranty, thankfully.

Back