Tailgate Spotlight Wiring.

LambethBoy

204 DSG 4Motion
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi guys, looking to put two spotlights in my tailgate on an independent switch so when it is open I could light up the back. Just need some information on the best place to Get the feed from. :thumbsup:

Hi guys.
I am in process of plylining my van and am want to fit down lights in tailgate panel.
Can the lights be wired into tailgate latch microswitch? It's 3 wires to this switch

Hi guys.
I am in process of plylining my van and am want to fit down lights in tailgate panel.
Can the lights be wired into tailgate latch microswitch? It's 3 wires to this switch
I’ve just done mine and they’re from my leisure battery. I’ve added a rocker switch and will fit a mercury tilt switch when I can be bothered.

I’ve just done mine and they’re from my leisure battery. I’ve added a rocker switch and will fit a mercury tilt switch when I can be bothered.
I haven't got a leisure battery was just hoping could connect to latch so only on when boot open

I think @RedUn has connected his tailgate spot lights to the interior light circuit so they switch on and off with the doors and tailgate.

Yep taken a feed from there pos and neg. Works a treat and the lights should come as standard, it's so much better for quite a simple mod!

Back