Tailgate spoiler fitting

Stigofthedub

T6 Pro
Bought my white T6 in March and bought a factory coloured spoiler and fitting kit with it. Decided to save a few quit and avoid the rusting metal filings that the last dealer left on the T5.1 I had, by fitting it myself.
The first problem I had was that I had a few months left with my previous insurers so I swapped over vans with them and suffered the usual additional fees. They informed me they wouldn't insure the van with a tailgate spoiler even though they did with the T5.1???. So I waited until that policy expired and swapped to Bretacre. I now am ready to fit the spoiler and see they suggest drilling the tailgate and using studs to locate it. These studs do not seem to have any importance other than aiding alignment and am wondering if its worth just bonding it and not bothering with the studs.
Has anyone had any experience with these? Would you bother with the studs?
Incidentally the old insurance company called at renewal date and said they could insure with a spoiler.. Too late!

I just bonded mine with the fitting kit I got from Banwy, Dinitrol PU adhesive if I remember correctly. Fitted it and taped it to hold in place and then it stated pissing down. Anyway 15 months later it's still on and feels solid.

Genuine VW for me too. No issues with fitting and bodyshop who painted mine commented too that it was decent quality.

Looks like it could be worth spending the extra on this... I'll show the missus the van style price but order the OEM one! :thumbsup:

Back