Tailgate Repair - hit & run!

I've had mine for a week and so far, within the first 3 days someone smashed my rear led light, and another did a hit and run on the electric wingmirror, even though it was folded up and bent the mount.
Beginning to think its cursed :eek:

No need for wheel alignment check IMO, unless there's other damage.
Whoever did that knew they'd done it.
She knew as i was in the van at the time! I got out to check the damage and we agreed to pull over to exchange details and she drove off!!

Been quoted £450+vat to repair

She knew as i was in the van at the time! I got out to check the damage and we agreed to pull over to exchange details and she drove off!!

Been quoted £450+vat to repair
You got her registration number, I assume? Go to your local Police or report it online - it's an offence to leave the scene and fail to exchange details. It might help your insurance company to recover costs from hers if she's got any insurance. There's just a tiny chance that she reported the collision to Police later, unlikely but possible.

If she is traced, she would probably go down the 'other party looked threatening' route to excuse her driving off.
Definitely report it, for a variety of reasons

@LT2019. I feel for you as a similar thing happened to me on New Years Eve just gone. The driver didn't stop but I did get a picture of their rear end as they drove off and I reported it on line to my local police force - I've not heard a thing from them and suspect that I wasted my time as they are probably too busy doing important stuff like drinking tea and watching Youtube cat videos in lay-bys. I also gave the pictures (with registration plate clearly visible) to my insurance company who reckon that they have contacted the other insurance company (ADMIRAL) on a number of occasions and they have been ignored! In my case, the total bill was well in excess of £3K. In the unlikely event that I ever see the other car again, I suspect I will be having a few words with the driver.

@LT2019. I feel for you as a similar thing happened to me on New Years Eve just gone. The driver didn't stop but I did get a picture of their rear end as they drove off and I reported it on line to my local police force - I've not heard a thing from them and suspect that I wasted my time as they are probably too busy doing important stuff like drinking tea and watching Youtube cat videos in lay-bys. I also gave the pictures (with registration plate clearly visible) to my insurance company who reckon that they have contacted the other insurance company (ADMIRAL) on a number of occasions and they have been ignored! In my case, the total bill was well in excess of £3K. In the unlikely event that I ever see the other car again, I suspect I will be having a few words with the driver.
Firstly I'd complain to the Police, you should have had some form of update, that's not good enough, they have a duty to keep you informed.
And Admiral can't just put their fingers in their ears and hum loudly hoping the matter will go away, your insurance company shouldn't accept that.

Bad crack that! I'd have chased her down! Anyhow dash cam front and rear is the way to go - it's certainly next on my list of upgrades!!
Hope you get your pride and joy sorted mate....

Didn’t get any details, as i was too fooking polite and was worried about blocking the road so we agreed to pull over. I did try and chase but she was long gone, by the time i had chance to turn around pull out etc.

Had another quote of 350-400. Dash cam and rear cams next on my list also and a massage for my bruised ego.

VW approved bodyshop wanted just over £3k for a similar amount of damage to my bus, although my bumper was worse than yours.

I got it done independently for £700 in the end, they managed to straighten my bumper and filled/sprayed my tailgate, not the best job but certainly passable.

The bumper didn’t take any damage I think because it’s been lowered the tailgate took the brunt

had similar damage to mine along with the bumper. Other half was driving at the time, luckily all went through other parties insurance. I pushed for a new tailgate rather than a pull and fill. Along with the bumper and painting the bill was circa £1500

Back