Tailgate Locking Mechanism

Heya folks, I've just got my tailgate on replacing the barn doors but I'm now looking at the locking mechanism... can anyone advise me on where to get the correct one... I was thinking could I use the barn door one or is there a specific one for the tailgate?....

Any help appreciated?

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming it’s a T6 tailgate, the lock has a different part number. The van will need some wiring added between the lock and the BCM and the tailgate lock will then need coding (the barn door lock works on a pulse whereas the tailgate is permanently live).

if you need more info, have a look at this thread:

Barn-door To Tailgate Conversion

Hi Ads and thanks for replying!.... did you buy yout locking mechanism on ebay?... the company i beleive that sells the wiring loom for the lock mechanism website is down I've tried calling them with no success (vagnostics)....

Hi Ads and thanks for replying!.... did you buy yout locking mechanism on ebay?... the company i beleive that sells the wiring loom for the lock mechanism website is down I've tried calling them with no success (vagnostics)....
They've gone out of business

the vagnostic kit was a bodge. The only way to do it is run some extra wires to the BCM which I still need to do.
Are you adding wiring for the wiper and heated screen too?

Hi Ads and thanks for replying!....
did you buy yout locking mechanism on ebay?... the company i beleive that sells the wiring loom for the lock mechanism website is down I've tried calling them with no success (vagnostics)....
No mate, bought it all from TPS.

Back