Tailgate conversion - BCM Connector pins and numbering system.

With lots of talk about BCM's and pins in this thread I thought it would be a good place to ask for advice for my side-assist retrofit

I'm really struggling to remove two pins so I can attach wires to them.
They are pin 18 & 19 (B) which are the smaller ones in the middle.
I've split the plug, and can release the pin so it slides easily a little way, and then the 'tang' is getting caught and I cannot work out how to release it.
Does anyone know how to do it please?

Please ignore ^^^
I can't do it so I'm going to cut the wire and carefully solder it back up with my additional wire.

You have to release each pin twice.

First press of the tab releases he wire back about 2mm, you then need to press the tab again to release the pin fully.

You have to release each pin twice.

First press of the tab releases he wire back about 2mm, you then need to press the tab again to release the pin fully.

Thank you for your reply Littleblackflash, I got the 'First Press' no problem, that was easy.... but I just couldn't get the second, which also should have been easy. Whatever I did the barb got caught and I couldn't release it. I know it sounds crazy, and it should have been simple, but I just couldn't do it. I tried more than one..... still no joy!

Its better to solder it without cutting the original wire

And usually I use this tool to extract terminals :-

Thank you also for your reply Shadow109, I really wanted to avoid cutting the wire but I couldn't see any way to avoid it. There are so many small wires there, and the two I needed to add a wire to were both tucked behind other wires, there was just no way I could do it without cutting.

Looking in the end that the wire goes in it looked like there was space for a tool, and I used a needle to slide down.... it went in, and I could see it push on the barb, but still couldn't do it!!

Back