Tailgate Bike Rack in forum shop

Thanks @Pauly . Have to admit that although I don't like the look of the 'new' one being able to hold the bikes further away from the van is attractive, I wasn't aware of this. Don't want to damage the van it needs to last us a long time.

Got the new rack in before the weekend and took a few snaps

re.JPG

rea.JPG

Then got it fitted to a van

rearcovered.jpg

rearscovered.jpg

Pricewise this style is a little more expensive but need to double check shipping arrangements and hopefully have them activated back in the shop

Last edited:
Silly question, what's the visibility like without the bikes loaded?

Never personally used either of them so can't really comment

I have activated these in the shop now both new and old, i have set postage for this item at £30 as its so large
Intro bonus have put £10 discount on the new rack for VIP members, just login to the shop to see it :)

I'd love to get a bike rack like this but don't need one for 4 bikes. Are there any similar 2 bike ones out there?

Silly question, what's the visibility like without the bikes loaded?

@Polzeylad @superflyguy out of interest do you leave yours on all the time or are they easy enough to take on and off?
Thanks

Visibility with rack on is fine - you kind of get used to looking through the bars. Problem is that you tend to use the wing mirrors more when bikes and cover is on - then when bikes not there you then have to engage brain to look through rear window.

It does add an extra foot or so to rear of van so I have taken to removing mine if I'm not intending to carry bikes for a few months.
Very easy to remove with provided allen key but I do request the boss to hold tailgate door as the gas struts can be vicious!
:whistle:

We are looking to get a genuine V W bike carrier for our T6 tailgate and wondered if anyone had a black one? If so does it scratch/ mark easily? Love the idea but don't want problems!

Back