Tailgate Bike Rack in forum shop

GoatBoater

Senior Nerd
T6 Guru
Our panel van is set to become a camper next month (woo-hoo!!). Wonderful though that will be, it does mean that we will lose the easy bike transportation. I notice that the official T6 rack is listed in the shop, but out of stock. Is it available to order though the forum? (cc @Pauly ) or does anyone know where else to get one?

Fleebay is showing £547 inc VAT & postage

Saw a nearly new one for sale on the Facebook VW T5/T6 forum earlier this week £395 - think it's still there.

I marked them out of stock as the shop listing was showing pictures of the original T6 bike rack (the T5 style one) but VW changed the design last year
I can get one if required, i am going to do a few bits to the shop over the weekend so will get them back in stock and available

I marked them out of stock as the shop listing was showing pictures of the original T6 bike rack (the T5 style one) but VW changed the design last year
I can get one if required, i am going to do a few bits to the shop over the weekend so will get them back in stock and available

Cool. Or PM me a VIP Price if you don't get it done

I had heard rumours it was coming, will do some digging next week and see what i can find out

I wish they did a 2 bike version, I'll never carry more than that and I would rather have one that didn't stick out so much

I wish they did a 2 bike version, I'll never carry more than that and I would rather have one that didn't stick out so much
I don't think it would take much looking at the construction to remove the two rear screw on bars, drill out the two rivits on the plastic u bends, cut it and refit, im sure it wouldn't weaken it either.
But im not trying it haha :whistle:

Sorry mate not yet i am there in the morning to catch up on everything so will have the info tomorrow pm

I have ordered a new bike rack today so will post some pics when it arrives, slightly more expensive than the original one but i didnt write the price down so will see when it arrives

These have been available since the T6 came out, but limited availability. If you search the Cali forum for "Kylie" there's loads of discussion on it!

There are a few benefits to the ugly one ... Bikes are held further from the van so less pedal damage, and the clamp arms can be easily removed -handy if you forget to position them before loading bikes.

Yes they were available when the T6 first launched and then disappeared for a while in favour of the 'new' style one

Back