Table Rail

Sim73

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Can anyone recommend a table rail/ rail? The standard ones have the brackets on either end of the rail and this is no good for what I need. I am wanting to fit an additional rail, but the area is small, so I need the rail to go right to the end of the cupboard space (if that makes sense). I will therefore need mid-rail brackets to hold up the rail and then plugs on each end.

I have the same issue actually, because of the cutlery drawer the rail only allows the table to fit in one place which is too far from the front swivel seats. I did think about moving the 2 brackets on the table closer together which should allow it to slide further but I’m not sure if that is enough to help.

I also have a free standing table (Loc8) so we never use the fitted table for this reason

Can anyone recommend a table rail/ rail? The standard ones have the brackets on either end of the rail and this is no good for what I need. I am wanting to fit an additional rail, but the area is small, so I need the rail to go right to the end of the cupboard space (if that makes sense). I will therefore need mid-rail brackets to hold up the rail and then plugs on each end.
1597765850883.pngwe have a double length rail if thats what you meant and use 2 tables on it

I have the above rail which obviously isn't what you need. However, the end fittings only push into the tube so i would have thought something could be made to hold it. Maybe run a tap into it and bolt it from the inside of the cupboard or bond the tube into a shallow recess?

Just a thought.

Thanks for the responses. It is to attach on the area above the fridge, hence I cannot have the brackets on the end and it needs to be short. I have just made a free standing table for the rear seats, so wanted to use the existing one for the front seat.

E716E767-2C0D-4FBF-A8AF-486683FBE854.jpeg

Thanks for the responses. It is to attach on the area above the fridge, hence I cannot have the brackets on the end and it needs to be short. I have just made a free standing table for the rear seats, so wanted to use the existing one for the front seat.

View attachment 81941
Mines the same set up with fridge but the dividing piece of board between the fridge and the section to the right only protrudes the thickness of the knock on lipping so the rail goes over it and full length
Can the rail not be cut to length to fit

Thanks for the response. The rail could be cut, but the brackets are still on the end and that is no good for the position of the brackets on the table and even with brackets would leave sharp edges, unless I could get stoppers. I may be able to move the table brackets, but I was trying to avoid that.

Thanks, but your set up looks like you have a straight edge all the way along, but my fridge unit is protruding (not overly clear in my image).

Thanks for the response. The rail could be cut, but the brackets are still on the end and that is no good for the position of the brackets on the table and even with brackets would leave sharp edges, unless I could get stoppers. I may be able to move the table brackets, but I was trying to avoid that.
Have a search on Ebay for plastic tube plugs, I’m sure you’ll find what you need.

@Bargy62 That might do it... as it looks like the rail attaches to the unit without a need for end brackets. I will look into it, thanks.

Back