Brook Meadow
Friday, 19 April, 2024 - 12:00
Until: Sunday, 21 April, 2024 - 13:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
We would be up for that if the worst happens. Adult only though if anyone was bringing kiddiewinks for the weekend?

We would be up for that if the worst happens. Adult only though if anyone was bringing kiddiewinks for the weekend?
there is a play area so i think they have one pitch area adults only but will talk to Clive on Tuesday. What do i need to ask about;

dogs
children
bbqs
fires?

there is a play area so i think they have one pitch area adults only but will talk to Clive on Tuesday. What do i need to ask about;

dogs
children
bbqs
fires?
We would have paid the £40 a night, but £25 is great. Big responsibility Dave, your reputation could hinge on this!! Are all pitches EHU then?

pretty sure they are so £25 is a bargain but will confirm Tuesday.
if i remember from last year it had exit barriers, lovely tarmac track to individual flat gravel pitches which had EhU, grey water and pretty sure fresh water supplies. Cannot remember if the Wifi was any good.

Not much within walking distance but if you hop in the Van you have the coast of Aberystwyth, waterfalls at Devils Bridge, bike rides around the Clywedog reservoir

See what happens Tuesday

if i remember from last year it had exit barriers, lovely tarmac track to individual flat gravel pitches which had EhU, grey water and pretty sure fresh water supplies. Cannot remember if the Wifi was any good.

Not much within walking distance but if you hop in the Van you have the coast of Aberystwyth, waterfalls at Devils Bridge, bike rides around the Clywedog reservoir

See what happens Tuesday
Sounds good. Shame not much in walking distance, but other than that sounds ideal. Am I wrong to be hoping the other venue cacel and have our bookings for the later one in the year?

Sounds good. Shame not much in walking distance, but other than that sounds ideal. Am I wrong to be hoping the other venue cacel and have our bookings for the later one in the
As much as I want to prove to myself that Michelin CC2's are the perfect wet grass field uppy hilly tyres, I really don't fancy looking like a fool when I sink then get stuck. Or when my levellers cut in to the moist earth and I end up with more of that skin to skin contact than I expected!
The Welsh venue does look good, with fabulous reviews, be nice to get a few more than a handful though, in the worst case obviously.

As much as I want to prove to myself that Michelin CC2's are the perfect wet grass field uppy hilly tyres, I really don't fancy looking like a fool when I sink then get stuck. Or when my levellers cut in to the moist earth and I end up with more of that skin to skin contact than I expected!
The Welsh venue does look good, with fabulous reviews, be nice to get a few more than a handful though, in the worst case obviously.
I wonder if Caroline is prepared to make the call on Monday to give people options. it does look awful and personal experience is the T6 has zero traction on a damp tissue

IMG_6404.png

the call has been made and the Venue deemed unsuitable for this weekend (due to heavy rain and waterlogged ground).

there is chat and options on the Whatsapp group on what we can do instead.

++++++++++++

Plan A - Rurual relaxing = Cancelled

Plan - B - Brook meadow (Market Harborough)

Plan C - Reserved

Plan D - Elsewhere

Plan E - Giving Up and staying at home

Plan F - That place in Wales mentioned above

++++++++++++

the Official alternative option is PLAN B - Brook Meadow, @czmate1999 has contacted site to see if they can accomadate us.

++++++++++++

1713174000074.png

join in on whatsapp and show your selections here:

phoned Meadow Springs, Caersws, Powys Touring & Motorhome Park | Holiday Lodges For Sale | and they will do £25 per night fully serviced with EHU hard standing and no charge for a 4pm extended Sunday departure.

That rate is available for any duration in that period this week eg Fri to Sun, Thurs to Sun.

They can group 10vans together, child and dog friendly. There is more hardstanding available.

you need to phone Meadow Springs Country and Leisure Park direct for the offer (01686 430654).
Ask for Clive and say your with the VW T6 group.

i have booked the restaurant for myself (it gets booked up) for a 6:30 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and a 12pm Sunday Roast

No on site shop, nice modern facilities restaurant and bar

Last edited:
Any but Brook Meadow for me.

That’s all grass and will suffer the same problems

I vote for meadow springs and hard standing.

and Plan F is also go, @dcpen43 has arranged it.

"
phoned Meadow Springs, Caersws, Powys Touring & Motorhome Park | Holiday Lodges For Sale | and they will do £25 per night fully serviced with EHU hard standing and no charge for a 4pm extended Sunday departure.

That rate is available for any duration in that period this week eg Fri to Sun, Thurs to Sun.

They can group 10vans together, child and dog friendly. There is more hardstanding available.

you need to phone Meadow Springs Country and Leisure Park direct for the offer (01686 430654).
Ask for Clive and say your with the VW T6 group.

i have booked the restaurant for myself (it gets booked up) for a 6:30 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and a 12pm Sunday Roast

No on site shop, nice modern facilities restaurant and bar"

people attending:

@dcpen43
@Skyliner33 - tbc

Last edited:
Back