Caravelle Heated Seats Control Module

Winchester Fox

Hi

I have a 2017 Caravelle , Gen6.

the heated seats on both driver and passenger dont work. I have checked the fuses and they are OK.
I was told that its likely to be the control module.

where is this located and is it easy to change for a complete non technical person?

TIA

It's behind the panels at the root of gear selector column.

Hmm, the illustration is for LHD... on LHD you can't reach it via fuse box, probably someone here knows about RHD?

At least on LHD not very difficult but still requires torx bits, trim tools, and some patience. It's not just opening a hatch that's meant to be opened by customers and sticking in a replacement. If tearing panels off is not your thing I would let VW or some other shop to do the job.

1685865712132.png

thanks for the replies. I did think it was underneath the centre part of the dash and lower down but mine is auto and has a bottle storage compartment there.

the indy I took it was unable to help but said he checked the fuses.

I have tried reading the manual but because it covers so many variants its not a clear read to me :(

think I will take advice from MyOtherCarIsA and get it scanned by VW later in the year when it goes in for its service

thanks again :)

I’ve had elements in drivers and passengers seats go on my 2017 Carvelle, the drivers was done by the first owner and the garage I bought it from did the passengers under warranty. It wasn’t something I tested when buying as I sat in the drivers seat. When they took the seat apart you could see the element had gone in the base in multiple locations. Replacement seat and back elements took ages to arrive as the dealer kept ordering the incorrect parts. They stripped the seat and replaced for me in 1-2 hours.

thanks for the replies. I did think it was underneath the centre part of the dash and lower down but mine is auto and has a bottle storage compartment there.

Yeah the whole lower dash, including glove box and the panel up to the light switch has to come off unless the module can be reached through the fuse box opening in RHD. DSG / manual or standard / comfort dash does not matter.

I would get it scanned before changing any parts.

That’s a solid advice although I think the heated seats module is not in the can bus - if there’s diagnostics it would be through some other control unit.

I’ve had elements in drivers and passengers seats go on my 2017 Carvelle

This is a possibility as well. OP does not mention if both seats stopped working at the same time - the likelihood of both seat elements going together is fairly low.

There is diagnostics for the heated seats, not sure if it extends to the control module - I had a code when one of my elements burned through.

Back