T6 wipers not working correctly.

Bradley Berry

Hi I’m New to this.
I have got a brand new T6 highline.
Attempted turning on tear wiping which I couldn’t get to work. Upon failing this I have found my wipers when turned on stage one (intermittent/rain sense mode) do not stop at the bottom but instead go down and then back up about 6” and stay there. Can not find anything on vag com byte 14 to change back etc. I have since turned off rain sensor and the wipers still do not stop in the off position when on intermittent mode.
Please help me someone.

Sounds coincidental to me, un bolt them and reset them.

Sounds coincidental to me, un bolt them and reset them.
I can’t do that as when I actually turn them off they do go right down. It’s just when you click the Wiper stalk up one click, they wipe, go back and then raise again 6”

Okay, that is a little odd, not heard of that. You’ll probably be easier taking it back to the dealer as a warranty job, (mum’s the word)

Take it back to the dealer mate let them sort it, thats what warranties are for :thumbsup:

They wont be looking for that, play dumb and just don’t say anything you don’t need to.

If they connect to their computer they will know it's been remapped but that only affects the engine doesn't void the entire warranty

Also you could check the measuring blocks on the BCU and check the stalk switch positions are all working. Also check all the fuses as there may be a separate fuse for the intermittent wipe(I’ll have a look at the curcuit in the morning).... and check your bonnet switch.

All positions work and say active when they are meant to be. The intermittent wipers work, they just don’t sit down the bottom of the screen where they should be, they wipe they go down and then come back up 6” and stop there, then carries on as that.
I will have to tell vw that I tried vag com as I have de-activated rain sensor wont I?

I can yea but then wipers won’t work on that setting. They will wipe, go down and raise 6” and just sit there even when driving at 70mph in rain.

But they need to see it not working, so you need to re-enable it when you get there.

Back