T6 To T6.1 Price Rise

Petehelmet

T6 Guru
1C6557F5-E2F4-43E9-BD8C-F44B34AB8287.jpeg So both vans at the same dealer and near enough brand new 19plate v 69plate with near enough same spec but what a massive price increase for the T6.1. Just over 28% by my quick math. What do you guys think ?

View attachment 59518 So both vans at the same dealer and near enough brand new 19plate v 69plate with near enough same spec but what a massive price increase for the T6.1. Just over 28% by my quick math. What do you guys think ?
I agree, a massive difference but probably reduced the price quite a bit on the T6 to make way for new 6.1 stock.

Although this is an inevitable drawback of a new model/facelift, the px values of a used T6 are jaw dropping when you look at changing as I found out when I looked at moving to the 6.1
Needless to say, my T6 is staying in my ownership for a lot longer than I would normally keep a commercial.

That 28%increase will pay for all the upgrades to make a 6.1..including electro steering rack /side assist / dash etc.

These vans are at Liverpool Van Centre who seem to be one of the lowest priced van centres around, I have kept my eye on the market for the past year as normally my van gets traded in after 3 years. The T6 has been slightly reduced but only a couple of hundred pounds. My new van would of been my 5th Transporter in a row and they have never gone up anywhere near this amount in fact they are normally very similar even though they are a new model. As @Tourershine says the resale value at least at the dealers has dropped through the floor with them basically offering the same price as WeBuyAnyVan. I normally have thousands to put into my next van but this time they say I owe them. I’m obviously not too happy about this and can’t help thinking that the price increase and low trade ins are only helping VW out with the emissions payouts in the US and Canada.

My 140 Kombi is 3 1/2 years old and is looked into replacing it with a 6.1 but the monthly pay meant has gone up by £100 . Webuyanyvan shows a good price about £3000 more than is outstanding as mine is a standard spec high line.
Luckily I can now manage with a big estate or suv so can get a very good car for what I am paying for the t6.
If we stop buying them the price will fall but somehow they sell what ever they charge.
Perhaps the forum could get a deal with a broker.

I am concidering changing my T6 4motion van soon and am looking to get a T6.1 Combi 4motion with every option i can see on the option list.
Has any one had a good quote on a new T6.1 recently?

Also any idea what mt 67 plate highline van 4motion in black with transporter HQ front and rear lights fitted,rear driving camera,towbar worth.

The mileage is 51,000K full VW service

Thanks
John

I have actually put a deposit on a 199 Kombi from Liverpool Van Centre, about £4K less than my local dealer

I have actually put a deposit on a 199 Kombi from Liverpool Van Centre, about £4K less than my local dealer
Out of interest what sort of % discount were they offering? I tried auto ebid the other week and they were coming in about 15%. I got my current van through Liverpool VWVC who were the cheapest VW dealer auto ebid could find at the time.

Back