T6 Stereo Into A T5.1

Lewis4005

1445366A-D03C-480E-924F-843A10842409.png Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could shed any light, does a t6 radio 66 reg, fit into a 2014 t5.1.
I did ask at local dealership, they did say you can’t? Is there and company’s out there that this can be done.

Also do you need an additional module for phone/ Bluetooth.

It’ll probably have Component protection, which will prevent reuse without paying thro’ the nose to have it mod’d. Best to use the search for more info...

A T6 stereo will not function properly outside of the vehicle it left the factory in, if the correct component protection signal is not received all media functions shutdown and it becomes a glorified basic radio

Not for the average user though mate, it requires the headunit modifying internally

It is possible, I’ve got a discovery media fitted to my 2015 T5 all functions working
how did you manage to get that working? . . . . what needed to be done?

Not for the average user though mate, it requires the headunit modifying internally
Yes definitely not for the average user, it does require some internal reworking of the PCB, although I do believe now (very few ppl) can do it by SW modification only.

@Dellmassive it requires full activation (if not already)an eeprom patch board being soldered in place of the internal eeprom and then a CAN filter depending on cluster SW

Yes definitely not for the average user, it does require some internal reworking of the PCB, although I do believe now (very few ppl) can do it by SW modification only.

@Dellmassive it requires full activation (if not already)an eeprom patch board being soldered in place of the internal eeprom and then a CAN filter depending on cluster SW
Deep!

Back