T6 Shuttle - Removing third row rear seats (one long piece)

Rob The Daddy

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all safe and well.

I've just read a thread in 2018 about this although the subject was just touched upon. I wondered if anyone has a You Tube/ media clip to show how the third row long seat can be taken out. The family have a recent baby addition (3 weeks old!); and with a toddler seat and baby seat in the second row, I'm looking at taking out the third row to free up some space for our stuff.

I've already made a mental note about the herculean strength needed, and a handy sack truck!

Cheers All.

Have a good weekend :)

The double seat is bad enough, I think the triple seats weight is the reason they are so cheap to buy secondhand.
I have a double California seat now and despite stripping stuff of it is is still a PITA, mostly because there is nowhere to stand to lift it out of the side door.
I’m considering making brackets to attach with cam operated castors so that it can be rolled out of the side door of a level platform made from plywood.

It’s a very easy job and pops in and out in literally 1 minute but you do need two people. A contestant on Worlds Strongest Man could do it single handed but mere mortals will end up breaking something either in the van or in yourself if you attempt it solo.

1. Remove all three headrests
2. Pull the fabric strap circled in red to fold the backrest flat forward
3. Pull both fabric straps circled yellow to pivot the bench forward
4. Pull the bar circled blue upwards and rotate the bench forward and out of the floor plate while lifting up so the whole thing comes free.

Steps 1-3 are easy single handed and we often leave the seat like this for carrying extra gear. It is very stable in this position as it is held by gas struts and means you don’t need to store the seat somewhere else.
Step 4 is where you need someone to help, me and my wife can quite easily do it, you don’t need to be mega strong but it is way too bulky to do single handed.

331AE76B-AF5E-4E68-85D3-C99F83F6B048.jpeg

1FF55D0C-DD1B-4AF7-BC41-52D99D241BB6.jpeg

D7352BBC-559A-4ABB-9036-8B753CB015C5.jpeg

Last edited:
I think this is what I'm going to settle for. Thanks everyone! I know the straps were just staring at me in the face! A 3 week old baby, a 2.5 year old boy, wife and me. Weekender packing options sorted. Mum and Dad stuff on upper shelf, kids stuff on bottom 'when the time comes'. If only you all knew how happy the Parents are ! :think smile bounce:

Attachments

• Shuttle Rear Seat.jpg
    Shuttle Rear Seat.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: CAB
Back