T6 Resale Market?

I'm so tempted to get out of mine whilst the goings so good. Much as I love it, I don't need it anymore, can do without the crap fuel consumption, appetite for tyres, poor ride and Transporter tax on everything related to it. But what do I replace it with?

The high prices being asked for VW vans are similar to many other vehicles at the moment, due to supply and demand.

We bought a new Suzuki Jimny last year and the list price was just under £20,000

Currently WBAC is offering £28,500 for our 18 month old 7,000 mile Jimny, with no sign of prices coming down.

Dealers are asking £30,000+ and the Jimnys are selling at that money. lt's just mad.

The high prices being asked for VW vans are similar to many other vehicles at the moment, due to supply and demand.

We bought a new Suzuki Jimny last year and the list price was just under £20,000

Currently WBAC is offering £28,500 for our 18 month old 7,000 mile Jimny, with no sign of prices coming down.

Dealers are asking £30,000+ and the Jimnys are selling at that money. lt's just mad.
Prices are crazy in general but Jimnys are a bit of a special case though since they stopped selling them here altogether didn't they?

I'm so tempted to get out of mine whilst the goings so good. Much as I love it, I don't need it anymore, can do without the crap fuel consumption, appetite for tyres, poor ride and Transporter tax on everything related to it. But what do I replace it with?
That’s a sentiment I recognise!

We bought our low-mileage DSG T6 Cali privately mid-lockdown (Aug 2020)

Oh, the temptation to sell the new van and trouser the profit as it was standing on the drive doing very, very little! SWMBO talked me out of it by reminding me what it would cost replace (even though we still had our old van available to us!)

And, that’s the issue: you’d replace it with a bloomin VW

We bought a new Tig Elegance in April, just before it all went silly. The four of us rarely go anywhere together anymore, so that is more than enough of a nice family car. I use the Velle daily and my wife goes about her business in a 2013 Polo. The Polo was bought for our lad to drive, but he had better ideas and came home with a Scirocco, shortly after adding to his collection with a Mk1 Fabia VRS SE with 240hp.

The Tig replaced a last of the old shape Tig R-line. I thought about getting another one of those for me to replace the van and save some cash, but the equivalent of what we sold on Motorway for £12k in April is upwards of £16k now.

With all the crap that’s gone on in the last couple of years I haven’t used mine as much as I would have liked but when I do;
1. No hotel or B&B costs for 6-8 weeks (long trip), 95% ‘wild’ camp for free, very little planning required. Otherwise it would cost thousands just to sleep.
2. No expensive taxi home after a night out.
3. Freedom to make it up as it happens, bed, food and warmth is behind us at all times.
4. Somewhere to have breakfast when Western Power Distribution are twisting cables back together…again!

With all the crap that’s gone on in the last couple of years I haven’t used mine as much as I would have liked but when I do;
1. No hotel or B&B costs for 6-8 weeks (long trip), 95% ‘wild’ camp for free, very little planning required. Otherwise it would cost thousands just to sleep.
3. Freedom to make it up as it happens, bed, food and warmth is behind us at all times.
4. Somewhere to have breakfast when Western Power Distribution are twisting cables back together…again!
And that's it right there. Freedom.

That is the epitome of “the dream” that many of us aspire to.

Between now and then, we just love the versatility our Cali gives us as a “family car” loaded with the boys and the dogs having “adventures”!

Don't sell your vans, you'll regret it, we couldn't afford a VW Camper due to the big price increases and have had to go with a Basecamp 2 (small "adventure" caravan)

Even those have gone up 20% and there's no discount available because there's a six month waiting list.

One day we'll get a T6 Camper but until then it's the Basecamp. My friend had a T6 on order but had to cancel it as the price went up too much.

Tell me about the prices
It’s meant to slow down near to Christmas,
That’s what I thought.
They just keep going up and up, but but the same vans are for sale week in week out,
It’s all false the kombi I was thinking of buying is still for sale and that was June time,
That’s my rant over

Absolutely....do it !!

l can't claim the VAT back otherwise it would still be a possibility for me to get one, 20% is quite a "discount" as well as a further 20% because l would use it as my work van.

Claiming the VAT back is not really 20% discount. OK, it is to begin with, but you'll then be liable for the amount of VAT on what you sell it for when the time comes. So essentially you save the VAT on the depreciation over the term of your ownership. Given that these vans are supposed to hold their money, that means very little saving of VAT in reality.

Claiming the VAT back is not really 20% discount. OK, it is to begin with, but you'll then be liable for the amount of VAT on what you sell it for when the time comes. So essentially you save the VAT on the depreciation over the term of your ownership. Given that these vans are supposed to hold their money, that means very little saving of VAT in reality.
Im not selling this one. Purely for me, my do it all van.

And now I'm thinking of selling the Kombi, so I was about to ask the same question. WBAV has gone down a bit since the stratospheric valuation they gave me in the autumn. I'll take a look on Autotrader and have a ponder.

If anyone is looking and/or fancies a nice caravan too, I'm thinking of swapping both for a camper. :) It appears I'm not keen on towing, sigh.

The market is quiet at the moment, so WBAV etc valuations have dropped. They always pick up again in the new year.

Excellent, that's the exact thing I needed to know! I think I've found a van to buy but the px quoted was abysmal. :cool:

Good news, I've found a nice new van to buy with a good px. But advised to sell privately, which I may well do after I've sorted my caravan out and hopefully sold that too...

Off to investigate vip status. :cool:

Reactions: CAB
Good news, I've found a nice new van to buy with a good px. But advised to sell privately, which I may well do after I've sorted my caravan out and hopefully sold that too...

Off to investigate vip status. :cool:
Great news - GLWS too

Back