T6 Resale Market?

Just scour facebook marketplace if you want a laugh.

I saw a 120k mile 2016 T6 Panel Van advertised for £36k over the weekend!

There are some very very greedy dreamers about right now.

Wow, just Wow! Just think what I'll get for my Blackberry Kombi with 121K on it!

So,would £22k no vat seem reasonable for my 16 t28 startline in indium grey with only 14k miles on seem reasonable price wise?

Wow, just Wow! Just think what I'll get for my Blackberry Kombi with 121K on it!
Mine has gone up 4000 since I bought it a year and a half ago! Prices won't crash. Its called inflation. Dealers know what they are doing and won't knock prices down ....only by a little maybe. Inflation is being controlled by governments to get us out of the debt due to covid. I doubt they will rise much more now though but they won't crash.

I haven’t heard that Warren Buffett is ploughing his loose change into VW vans.
Prices can rise and fall at any time, supply & demand fuelled by facts, alternative facts, emotion and greed.

Whilst inflation affects new prices, it doesn't affect things that naturally depreciate. What people are prepared to pay dictacts the price of anything. At the moment we're seeing people prepared to pay these high prices. Good for people selling, but if you are selling to buy something newer, it's all relative.

I would like to bet a steep drop in second hand prices next year, back to where they should be now, but as someone about to sell in the next few months, it's all good here.

Vw commercial told me there was a year wating list for transporters. So it could take a while to feed through. Transporters always keep there value though compared to transits etc. That's why I bought one...even though they are probably less reliable...

My local dealer offered me a 10% discount on any new T6.1 l ordered from them.

Of course, they say if l order now l won't get it until around February 2022.

I configured a High Line panel
van with the 150ps engine, two side doors, glazed rear doors plus a fair few other extras and it came to £35,000 including VAT

This has to be the worst I have found.

13k miles 21 plate, 2 grand more than the list price for the same van new. They will probably sell it at that as well. If you could get any kind of discount from your dealership then just buy and sell a van a month and put your feet up.

Worst case buy one a year and get free depreciation, (until the great van crash of 2023 takes out the economy like tulip bulbs did).

The van crash of 2023? There’s plenty on here who will be lucky to see their new vans before 2023! Thank god for the super depreciation of 130%

Back