T6 Resale Market?

Are we getting value for money? Seeing some of the crazy prices some dealers are asking for Sportlines, and then reading on here the reports of shoddy workmanship on the trim etc, I start to wonder a tad. Just a quick observation from my own much awaited T6.1, the gear selector, so unbelievably cheap looking. At least the old DSG stick had a bit of leather and chrome, but this new one is straight out of the Dacia parts bin.

Where exactly does the money go in a commercial vehicle? Engine? Bodywork? Wheels? Where? Take for example my van, 40k ish, my wife's new car 28k ish. My wife's car is a very nice place to be, ok, it can't carry a tonne, but the suspension is good, it's well insulated from road noise and the cold and warm. My van is now a nice place to be, but it's cost a few grand and my time to get it there.

I would love to know what is the actual cost of a T6.1 and a Passat are, and where the bigger profit margin is?

Are we getting value for money? Seeing some of the crazy prices some dealers are asking for Sportlines, and then reading on here the reports of shoddy workmanship on the trim etc, I start to wonder a tad. Just a quick observation from my own much awaited T6.1, the gear selector, so unbelievably cheap looking. At least the old DSG stick had a bit of leather and chrome, but this new one is straight out of the Dacia parts bin.

Where exactly does the money go in a commercial vehicle? Engine? Bodywork? Wheels? Where? Take for example my van, 40k ish, my wife's new car 28k ish. My wife's car is a very nice place to be, ok, it can't carry a tonne, but the suspension is good, it's well insulated from road noise and the cold and warm. My van is now a nice place to be, but it's cost a few grand and my time to get it there.

I would love to know what is the actual cost of a T6.1 and a Passat are, and where the bigger profit margin is?
I think a lot of us on here have wondered this.

Quick answer is no.

SH prices a side, what makes our vans, any van more expensive? Granted there’s more metal but a car will have glass and trim etc.

Back