T6 NOX fault?

JeznT6

Hello all, if anyone has any guidance I would really appreciate it before I waste money…

My 2019 T6 t30 150 diesel (36000miles) recently went into limp mode and I got the flashing coil light on the dash. I turned off the ignition and it restarted with no issues.
On the next journey it happen again, and so on.
I got the codes read from a friend with generic garage software and I got a P2200EE code “nox catalyst below threshold bank 1”

He looked into the code on the diagnostic computer and the temperature reading for the sensor was reading either 0 or 650 within seconds of turning the engine on and off. There were no other readings on that sensor or there than 0 or 640.

All the other sensors were at reasonable temperature.

Would changing the front Nox sensor fix this? Or, is there more to look for?

Thanks in advance

I think we need a bit more details. MY19 is a bit tricky - VW introduced then some changes related to emission control.
Please post a picture of the configuration sticker (under dash by steering column) (can leave out 5 last digits of the VIN).

with generic garage software and I got a P2200EE code “nox catalyst below threshold bank 1”
Hmmm... a bit conflicting code - such a code doesn't exist - a typo perhaps? However, P2200 exists but it's definition is something different (P2200=NOx Sensor 1 - Electrical Malfunction). The definition “nox catalyst below threshold bank 1” is more related to e.g. code P20EE.

the temperature reading for the sensor was reading either 0 or 650 within seconds of turning the engine on and off.
What sensor exactly, front or rear NOx? - AFAIK NOx sensors do not report temperatures, however when they are initialized their self-diagnostics throw a certain message on the bus (typically shows as value 1650).

Hello, thanks for the reply! It was indeed a typo it was P20EE00. I believe the sensor was the front NOX with the 650 reading, but could well have been 1650? It seems to much of a coincidence to be anything else

Here’s the details of the vehicle and the associated code

Thanks again.

IMG_8958.jpegIMG_8908.jpeg

Reactions: mmi
went into limp mode and I got the flashing coil light on the dash.
It was indeed a typo it was P20EE00. I believe the sensor was the front NOX with the 650 reading, but could well have been 1650? It seems to much of a coincidence to be anything else
Thanks. All makes more sense now. Actually P20EE00 indicates only that elevated NOx level has been detected - thus not a fault of the sensor itself. Another thing to consider is that AFAIK P20EE00 has not caused limp mode nor flashing coil light.

Also I'm fairly confident that the code "7MM" (emission class) on the sticker implies there is only one NOx sensor in the van - after the DPF only. The newer variant of the engine has two NOx sensors as well as a different software.

Anyways, I'm confident that the actual issue is the code P012100 - Throttle Position Sensor (G69) - Implausible Signal. Perhaps just a problem in the wiring - many sensors throw "implausible signal" for open (or short) circuit. Most likely a broken wire at the connector.

Thank you for your reply! I also have a second photo of the fault codes that I’ve found which I will attach. I have noticed also a start stop error coming up on the dash since this problem began
IMG_8909.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
Wow, perhaps the throttle position sensor is not the primary concern.
Obviously time to have a peek at wiring diagram. Have you checked the fuses supplying ECU? Engine grounding strap?

Well... all the faults are marked as passive/sporadic which means none of those were present during the scan - so basically the engine was fault free at the time of scanning. So hopefully the sensor reference faults are just remnants of poor battery or something similar.
1) Perhaps you could look into "Freeze frame" data (for each fault) to see what's shown there - e.g. timestamps of the faults
2) Clear all the faults and see if any of them comes back right away
3) Drive around a bit - if you get the flashing coil again - get another scan - the culprit should be shown there

Thank you for your reply! I also have a second photo of the fault codes that I’ve found which I will attach. I have noticed also a start stop error coming up on the dash since this problem began
View attachment 217558
I have the exact same errors, except it's Voltage A. Replaced the throttle house, didn't fix the problem.
Replaced the NOX sensor 2 years ago and now again this fault.

I think I have an electrical problem because I had a bunch of error codes going though the carwash the other day and now again after heavy rain. Checked my engine bay and its all wet/damp around the battery.

Did you get your problems fixed?

Back