T6 not starting

Wozza76

Hi all, I’ve recently got a 19 plate t6 and it now won’t start, engine turns over fast but has no management lights on. Anyone got any ideas what it could be? I’m getting it plugged in tomorrow to see if any faults. I’m being told possible crank sensor. What sort of a job is that and how much labour

Hi all, I’ve recently got a 19 plate t6 and it now won’t start, engine turns over fast but has no management lights on. Anyone got any ideas what it could be? I’m getting it plugged in tomorrow to see if any faults. I’m being told possible crank sensor. What sort of a job is that and how much labour
I’ve just this second gone out to it and it fired up, strange. Please help

Crank sensor replacement - about 20 - 30 quid for a sensor, depends if genuine or pattern.
I’m not sure how accessible it is on a T6, I’ve replaced on other vehicle in approx’ 30 min’s but they can be a bugger to get out of the port.
If it’s running fine I don’t see the point in spending hard earned cash to try and locate what maybe a highly intermittent fault. If it’s not running fine I’d get some proper diagnostics done first before jumping to the crank sensor renewal.

Thanks for the info, I’ve just been out to the van again this morning and it just cranks over but doesn’t fire. Hopefully I’ll get to the bottom of this.

I had this on a diesel skoda superb. Called out the AA who cranked and cranked it and it eventually went. Put down to an air lock in the fuel line. Never did it again.

I got it scanned this morning and it’s coming up swirl flaps, it runs fine now but can’t keep having this problem so will get a new inlet manifold just trying to get somebody to fit as I’ve asked a few garages and nobody seems interested ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have a 150 2016 dsg and when I first got my van second owner it had around 90k miles on it , it did once bring a code up for inlet flap Jamed bit I reset and and used forte fuel cleaner and turbo cleaning and touch wood it's never came back ,that was over a year ago , can it not be cleaned ?
I’m not a great believer in magic potions for engines but what have you got to lose.

I’m planning on keeping the van for a while and it’s only done 50k so I’ve not the bullet and got me a new inlet manifold with actuator . Hopefully that’ll sort the problem

Back