T6 Fuel Tank Removal - Adblue Tank question

Hi, can't seem to access this info on how to release fuel line connectors. I need to pop the return fuel line, to put a 'T' piece in. Can you describe how to release them please.
It’s been a while since I disconnected the lines when I installed my heater but from memory it was just a case of depressing a button and pulling apart. No tools required.

It’s been a while since I disconnected the lines when I installed my heater but from memory it was just a case of depressing a button and pulling apart. No tools required.
Can't see any 'button' to press. There appears to be 4 areas near, but not at, the corners of the square section of the connector. ???

Surely you have the tee that you are fitting so that you can see? One each side like on this tee that you are putting on!

IMG_1771 (Copy).JPG

Yes, I have the 'T', and as you can see, it's very much like the one you picture. That is clearly released by a 'button,' (or 2).
I cannot see how to release the VW return line connector. I have only had a brief look, and due to the weather, won't be doing anything else today.
I was simply hoping someone had experience of releasing the same connector, and could assist with method, and perhaps the requirement for tools etc.

IMG_20210914_095358510_HDR.jpgIMG_20210914_095358510_HDR.jpg

You are pushing the fitting home first and pushing the buttons aren't you? You have to push it in against the seal to allow the buttons to disconnect.

I don't like the look of those joining rubbers that you have there. I use and supply Gates Barricade R14 hosing for the kits that I supply. 100% ethanol proof and bio-diesel proof. I can't see any markings on those and they appear to be nitrile ones which I have seen split very easily.

IMG_1773 (Copy).JPG

IMG_1774 (Copy).JPG

You are pushing the fitting home first and pushing the buttons aren't you? You have to push it in against the seal to allow the buttons to disconnect.

I don't like the look of those joining rubbers that you have there. I use and supply Gates Barricade R14 hosing for the kits that I supply. 100% ethanol proof and bio-diesel proof. I can't see any markings on those and they appear to be nitrile ones which I have seen split very easily.

View attachment 130071

View attachment 130072
Ok, I'm obviously not being clear here.

I cannot see any buttons on the factory installed straight through connector on the van, in order to release it. Yes, there are clearly buttons on the 'T' piece I have purchased separately.

I appreciate the connectors need pushing together before releasing, but I don't know if a tool is required, or the method needed to release factory fitted VW T6 2015 BM (non AdBlue) diesel return fuel line infront of the tank.

I

Put up a picture of the connector that you are trying to disconnect, maybe you have a non-standard fitting.

Put up a picture of the connector that you are trying to disconnect, maybe you have a non-standard fitting.
This is the only picture I can get for now, I will get better ones once the weather improves, and I can get under the van.

The return connector (hidden at the top), is the same as the black feed line.
IMG_20210914_125443967.jpg

The picture is poor, the area arrowed is a flat 'side' of the connector, that forms a square with rounded corners.

Thanks for the info on connectors, I'll take a look.

Better pictures tomorrow, hopefully.
My sincere apologies. The area you highlighted was indeed a single very small 'button' that released the connectors.
It was dirty, and I couldn't see one on the return line.
It turns out the return line release button was on top, hidden from view.
I have managed to put in the 'T', replace all the rubber pipe with graded fuel line, and use stainless steel pipe clips.
I now have a working, (and very impressive), diesel heater.

Thank you for your help!

Back