T6 Front Bench Baby Seat recommendations

I specifically asked for ISOFIX option on the rear seat/bed when we did spec for conversion. So it doesn’t stop it working as a bed.
Big question is if they can be retrofitted. Suggest you contact the firm that fitted the bed/seat for you b
Yes, I've sent them an email. Think that's the way forward having explored every other option! Many thanks for help

Don't get a seat belt extender. They are not safe and aren't guaranteed to work in a crash. It puts the forces in the wrong place

I nearly bought one for my previous car to let the kids squeeze into the back on their seats, I was warned against it. My 2+1 kombi rear seat is all ISOFIX, although I think only the outer two have the rear tether

Is anyone using the Recaro tain elite ?
It looks like a great seat to use from 18 months onward thats i'm looking for.
I ideally want to use it on a rib bed, has anyone done this?

Don't get a seat belt extender. They are not safe and aren't guaranteed to work in a crash. It puts the forces in the wrong place

I nearly bought one for my previous car to let the kids squeeze into the back on their seats, I was warned against it. My 2+1 kombi rear seat is all ISOFIX, although I think only the outer two have the rear tether

the Extension says is E11 certified / authorized and tested in England but here is this any longer than standard belts Campervan Seatbelt – 3.5m Length (2 point fixing) – Universal Seatbelts camper van seat belts

Is anyone using the Recaro tain elite ?
It looks like a great seat to use from 18 months onward thats i'm looking for.
I ideally want to use it on a rib bed, has anyone done this?
This looks like a newer version of the monza nova is I have though that has a harness rather than the impact shield on the monza. I use these on the r&r no problem, I just use the seat belt as my bed isn’t isofix, but the car seats can do both and I use the isofix in our other car. I don’t see why you’d have any issues using them, though 2 side by side fit quite snugly. They are very well made seats (I’ve got 4 of them!)

This looks like a newer version of the monza nova is I have though that has a harness rather than the impact shield on the monza. I use these on the r&r no problem, I just use the seat belt as my bed isn’t isofix, but the car seats can do both and I use the isofix in our other car. I don’t see why you’d have any issues using them, though 2 side by side fit quite snugly. They are very well made seats (I’ve got 4 of them!)

Thank i'm going to pick one up, the belt is used for group one and then ISOFIX for group 2/3, my little girls is still group 1, however i do have ISOFIX on the rib so in a year or so i can use it.

Now to decide on colour to match the van :rolleyes:

Thank i'm going to pick one up, the belt is used for group one and then ISOFIX for group 2/3, my little girls is still group 1, however i do have ISOFIX on the rib so in a year or so i can use it.

If it is like the monza the isofix (or seatfix as recaro call it) can be used on all stages to keep the seat in place even when no one is in it, works very well. Regards colour, I’ve ended up with 2 black, a purple one and a light grey - there are generally many choices

If it is like the monza the isofix (or seatfix as recaro call it) can be used on all stages to keep the seat in place even when no one is in it, works very well. Regards colour, I’ve ended up with 2 black, a purple one and a light grey - there are generally many choices
The tian clearly says that stage one does not allow ISO as it’s disabled until you pull the back up for stage 2 which is fine for now.

Hello @Mike Dean, I hope you don’t mind me jumping on this tread and asking you a question.

you mentioned you have a rib bed with isofix, I’m aware of this being an optional extra, does the iso fix setup come with the top tether too on rib beds?

thanks

I'm after some advice on this. Have 1+2 bench seat in front of my t6. Have a 6 month old that is getting abit big for the current chair (maxicosi tinca) which uses seatbelt around.

Any other chairs that are abit bigger for a 6 month old that is suitable for bench seat/seatbelt fix.

Thanks

Our daughter is one and we need to size up and get a new car seat for her. What are the best options that still allow for another person to seat on the passenger bench seat.

Thanks in advance

We’ve got three car seats on the back at the minute, a new baby one, a 360 spin toddler one and a booster ‘seat’.

No issues with all three in the back, nor were there any problems of an adult sitting in the back between the two seats before the latest was born. So can’t see you having an issue for space.

Definitely recommend the 360 spin one for ease of use.

I cant be sure its 'the best' option, but we have one of these in the van on the front bench (centre position) which leaves sufficient room for a small to medium sized passenger on the left seat. We actually have 3 of these in total in our regular vehicles to save swapping them about all the time, but as they are showing as sold out there they maty have been superseded. Best bet would be to take a tape measure in to anywhere who sell them (we got ours from Halfords) and see what's slimmest!. Oh, bonus info, as the front seats dont have an isofix option, we use outs with a combination of one of these in addition to the regular seatbelt.

I cant be sure its 'the best' option, but we have one of these in the van on the front bench (centre position) which leaves sufficient room for a small to medium sized passenger on the left seat. We actually have 3 of these in total in our regular vehicles to save swapping them about all the time, but as they are showing as sold out there they maty have been superseded. Best bet would be to take a tape measure in to anywhere who sell them (we got ours from Halfords) and see what's slimmest!. Oh, bonus info, as the front seats dont have an isofix option, we use outs with a combination of one of these in addition to the regular seatbelt.
Thanks mate. That’s really helpful

Back