T6 Edition - Winter Tyre / Wheel Advice

dennismo

150 Kombi Edition - LV Sportline
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I'm picking up my T6 Edition next week. It's got 20" Zitos on it (with standard summer tyres) but I also have the 4 x original Edition wheels (17" Cascavel alloy wheels; black diamond turned surface 7J x 17).

For the last 4 winters, I've had winter tyres (on steels) on my regular car and they are AMAZING! They've made SO much difference to getting around in a Sheffield winter. I'm trying to decide if to get winters for the T6... I'm wondering about the following options:

- Have winter tyres fitted to the 17" Edition wheels

- Sell the Edition wheels, buy some steels, have winter tyres fitted to these...

I'm leaning towards just putting winters on the Edition wheels (as they're great looking wheels anyway) but have the following concerns:
- Are they going to get absolutely trashed on winter roads (with salt etc) given that they're diamonds turned?

- What will my ride height be like? It's been lowered 40mm, but obviously the 20" wheels give extra clearance... will the front splitter (LV Sportline) be too low dropping back down to 17" for winter?

Any thoughts / comments / advice much appreciated...

Just put winters on the 17”...height/clearance shouldn’t be a problem with -40mm. If the wheels get thrashed, surely warranty would cover them ;>

I'd be wary of warranty claims with wheels. They just turn round and say stone chips caused the damage. I appealed my dealers decision to VWC and they also refused to replace one of my steel wheels. Even though it was blatantly obvious that it wasn't stone chips that caused the fault with the finish.

I have these for sale kohmo power grip snow tyres ,215/60/17 102/104h

IMG_20170824_181135.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys... @carlg - I'm assuming that's just wheels (not on steels or anything?)... unfortunately, not the right size for the rims I have, so probably won't work for me - thanks though!

@BognorMotors - Again - thanks!... but given that I already have rims, I think best for me to look to just buy some winters for them!

Someone did mention to me that they thought the front splitter (this one - Leighton Vans Sportline - Leighton Vans ) could sit too low with the 40mm drop, but using standard wheels (rather than the 20" Zitos). Anyone any comments as to if this is likely?

Thanks all!

I'm running devonports with standard tyres (215/70) with a sportline spoiler and splitter at -40mm and no problems.

Our demo is fully wound down, approx 80-90mm with a sporltine splitter and lip with no issues. You’ll be fine

Back