Engine and gearbox mount replacement

Longers

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Have been having a few clunky noises on the van. Seemed to have been getting worse so took a look underneath. Looks like the front engine mount is torn - the one that sits near/under the radiator. The gearbox mount also looks a bit suspect. The engine does seem to shift around quite a bit with a bit of persuasion so going to replace them - hopefully will make it a bit smoother.

They look easy to replace. But anyone got any advice before I start. Also, would you reckon I should replace all of them at once? Think there’s 4 in total (engine + transmission)?

Also, any torque settings etc? - couldn’t seem to find any for a T6.

Van is a MY17 150 dsg (ex RAC) on 128k

Thanks!

hello,did you get round to doing this? I'm looking to do the same on my van,I was going to replace the lot,did you get your mounts from VW? Thanks

hello,did you get round to doing this? I'm looking to do the same on my van,I was going to replace the lot,did you get your mounts from VW? Than
Hi guys - I have similar issues, anyone got any advice on this please - I’ve just been quoted £120 for the front mount from VW. I have read somewhere Meyle mounts are the better ones. Are they quite easy to do as long as engine gbox has support? Anyone with any advice I’d really appreciate it - thanks

Did you get any further along with this? I'm just going to replace them one by one,I've had a look under the van and they look easy enough to do(unless I'm missing something) the one on the drivers side looks like you have to take the timing belt cover off to get at ,not a problem really as I'm having the belt/waterpump replaced soon

Hi guys - I have similar issues, anyone got any advice on this please - I’ve just been quoted £120 for the front mount from VW. I have read somewhere Meyle mounts are the better ones. Are they quite easy to do as long as engine gbox has support? Anyone with any advice I’d really appreciate it - thanks
Hi, I’m just replacing my front mount at 55,000 miles ! Mine is a CXGB 102hp engine with Adblue and needs Part No. 7E0 199 848 which I can only get as a VW original part, MEYLE don’t list this one

Hi, I’m just replacing my front mount at 55,000 miles ! Mine is a CXGB 102hp engine with Adblue and needs Part No. 7E0 199 848 which I can only get as a VW original part, MEYLE don’t list this one
I need to replace my front lower mount. How did you get on? I was thinking of supporting the engine with 4x2 and a jack. It’s 3 bolts so hopefully not that bad to change.

I need to replace my front lower mount. How did you get on? I was thinking of supporting the engine with 4x2 and a jack. It’s 3 bolts so hopefully not that bad to change.
Sorry not fitted it yet as just got delivered today and I live right in the middle of the red rain warning in Scotland ! So no chance for a few days.
Yes supporting with jack and timber. The front mounting is for up and down movement. If you look at the mount the bolt hole is elongated top to bottom so once the bolt is slackened off slightly the jack plus timber only needs to support the engine off the bottom of the elongation so not much lift required

Back