T6 Door card upgrade....

RyanGerry

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just about to purchase these for my edition, I take it they are straight swap?

115F356B-1D6A-45DB-8BF8-9587382327FC.png

£250’s a lot to pay for black versions of your existing plastic door cards. A little more gets you the posh soft top vinyl and fabric versions.
They are a straight swap.

£250’s a lot to pay for black versions of your existing plastic door cards. A little more gets you the posh soft top vinyl and fabric versions.
They are a straight swap.
I looked at the more expensive ones as well but the wife wasn’t too happy paying £500 for them.

I've just bought 2 sets of Gen6 door cards from a guy in Poland (very helpful chap). He sells loads of T6 parts. They came Saturday evening no trouble at all. They're the ones that are soft touch, have fabric on the centre panel, brushed silver trim to match the comfort dash and ambient lighting, they also came with rubber pocket inserts which was a bonus. I paid 359 per pair and 50 postage. Hes worth a look at if your willing to spend a bit more for the nicer cards.

20210213_211913.jpg

I've just bought 2 sets of Gen6 door cards from a guy in Poland (very helpful chap). He sells loads of T6 parts. They came Saturday evening no trouble at all. They're the ones that are soft touch, have fabric on the centre panel, brushed silver trim to match the comfort dash and ambient lighting, they also came with rubber pocket inserts which was a bonus. I paid 359 per pair and 50 postage. Hes worth a look at if your willing to spend a bit more for the nicer cards.

View attachment 104363
That’s a good price! I have the same ones, easy to splice the ambient lighting into the window switches so they dim with the dash lights :thumbsup:

That’s a good price! I have the same ones, easy to splice the ambient lighting into the window switches so they dim with the dash lights :thumbsup:

Just ordered some plugs for the pocket lights then going to get them on. They guy in Poland sent them over with a "friend" who I guess does some private deliveries for him. Avoided any Brexit customs and VAT bother that way so all good for me. Have you got a pic of yours with the lights on? Never seen any working.

View attachment 104363
I think this is the same guy I’m buying mine from

Details or link for the seller?

View attachment 104363

@Dansporter this is the guy, he's got this pair up for £379 + postage.
If you look at his other items he's got loads of related stuff, seats, interior panels and so on. He combined postage too so if you do buy multiple items from him don't forget to ask about that.

Are the door cards universal, ie LHD and RHD are interchangeable? Or switches reversible? Note the door cards in the add have the mirror controls on the right hand card. Just a thought as if these are coming from the continent are they more likely to be a LHD setup?

The new cards I have came with switches but I'm going to use my own. I don't have power folding mirrors so the switches with the new cards are no good for me. The only other thing you need to do is swap the LED alarm indicator on the door pin over. Other than that, and a bit of simple wiring for the ambient lights they go straight on.

The window and mirror switches pop out and will swap sides if you were to use the switches that come with the door cards.

Another thread I wish I hadn't seen :D

Presumably swapping the door cards from a 2019 Kombi for the better caravelle version requires little technical ability?

Nice one, and the kit that you got from Poland was in good nick etc?

Yes mate, the guy seems very genuine and both sets of cards came as described. If you get the cards with ambient lighting you'll need to do a bit of wiring but it's nothing major.

Bought the same set off the chap in Poland but paid £370 delivered. He was good to scrap the postage. I have now prised off the cloth and recovered in fake Alcantara and also added lights to the pockets. just waiting on the Speakers from Skipton before I install them.

20210227_121714.jpg

20210226_152612.jpg

20210227_130606.jpg

20210226_162352.jpg

20210227_110835.jpg

20210226_152615.jpg

20210226_162356.jpg

Back