T6 buying advice 2015/2016

Hi everyone paul here I’m new to the T6 forum , i’m looking for a 2015 / 2016 model 102PS, milage around 95K . The prices seem to be so varied on the market I am looking for a panel van to convert to keep the cost down . I don’t want to buy a typical builders van that has been battered , there are a couple of companies advertising X BT /AA /NHS Lease hire vehicles. I will be quite open to go to the auction .
if anyone can recommend an average price that I should be paying I know they are at a premium at the moment . I was going to go for the T5 but if I can stretch myself I’d rather get the early model T6 slightly higher mileage .
PS possible candy white ( if that’s not too much to ask )
Hope this all makes sense thanks a lot for all your help and hopefully I will be using you guys in the future .
Thanks Paul

Hello Paul. I've just spent the last 3 weeks finding a van to do the same. I started looking for the same sort of age/ mileage as you. I found the prices to be from about £16k to £20k...some with VAT and anothers had no VAT. Finding one that hasn't been a builders van is hard but not impossible. I purchased a T5 once from the auctions (BCA I think). Was used as a florists van so really good nick. One thing I would say is there are a lot of people snapping these vans up to convert at mo...I lost out on a load of them before ending up with a 2020 plate!
Good luck with the hunt!

Good morning first of all let me apologise for my late reply I work shifts as I’m at physio so I can’t always get to my screen Thank you so much for your reply ,I also have a looked reference at the BCA auction site and I think that might be the way I will go but at the moment it’s only traders they are allowing to go and view the vehicles .You mentioned about people snapping the vehicles up . You’re not joking there definitely a premium at the moment I was hoping in two or three months it may settle down a bit I don’t think that’s going to happen . Good news you got one sorted I’ll keep doing my ground work and looking through the site and getting in my knowledge once again thanks

Sorry I forgot to ask are you converting the van to a day van our camper if so what pop top are you going for and which rock ‘n’ roll bed . And will you be doing most of the work yourself . I’ve been on Evo design website they do flatpack kitchens their website is very good , reference options choices ex ex

hi mate my pal bought a van from Sheffield ex sky van he is looking for dealers name for me now if he finds it will post on here it was nr Hillsborough of memory had no problems with it so far in 2yrs :thumbsup:

Poptop, when the time comes - Vamoose are close to you. They may have ideas for sourcing a van too?
I've not looked at prices recently, but my '16 plate 102 Kombi with <10K miles, highline spec, was £20K Dec '17.
Presumably at 50K miles, it's worth similar now..... :oops:

Ok cool I will check vamoose out and give them a call, one thing they hold there price good investment . But not if your a buyer .
Thanks again

Sorry I forgot to ask are you converting the van to a day van our camper if so what pop top are you going for and which rock ‘n’ roll bed . And will you be doing most of the work yourself . I’ve been on Evo design website they do flatpack kitchens their website is very good , reference options choices ex ex
Van is going be converted to a camper. I really really like the "Hilo" tops as creates a very low roof line. However, it does reduce the height a lot internally. I have been advised to go for a Skyline Aurora pop top. With extras like bi-fold bed, scenic canvas been quoted £4600 (inc VAT). As for the internal kitchen, EvoDesign. Only heard good things about them! I was planning to do a lot of the work myself but as I purchased a newer van have decided to let the experts do most of it...I'll do the easier jobs like sound deadening, insulating, ply lining etc.

Poptop, when the time comes - Vamoose are close to you. They may have ideas for sourcing a van too?
I've not looked at prices recently, but my '16 plate 102 Kombi with <10K miles, highline spec, was £20K Dec '17.
Presumably at 50K miles, it's worth similar now..... :oops:
Prices have increased as demand really high at mo!

Hi everyone paul here I’m new to the T6 forum , i’m looking for a 2015 / 2016 model 102PS, milage around 95K . The prices seem to be so varied on the market I am looking for a panel van to convert to keep the cost down . I don’t want to buy a typical builders van that has been battered , there are a couple of companies advertising X BT /AA /NHS Lease hire vehicles. I will be quite open to go to the auction .
if anyone can recommend an average price that I should be paying I know they are at a premium at the moment . I was going to go for the T5 but if I can stretch myself I’d rather get the early model T6 slightly higher mileage .
PS possible candy white ( if that’s not too much to ask )
Hope this all makes sense thanks a lot for all your help and hopefully I will be using you guys in the future .
Thanks Paul

Hi, 2 months ago I traded in my 2015 T5.1 102 Highline panel van, mint condition with only 31000 miles. I got £12350 (no VAT) for it against a new T6 Kombi. If I was you I would go for a low mileage T5.1 as opposed to aT6. Less to go wrong, no Adblue, better fuel economy and nicer dashboard (unless you get the T6 Comfort Dash). There are good, low-mileage vans out there at the right money, keep looking and be patient.

If I was you I would go for a low mileage T5.1 as opposed to aT6. Less to go wrong, no Adblue, better fuel economy and nicer dashboard (unless you get the T6 Comfort Dash).
Don't forget that late 2015 and early 2016 T6's also had the EU 5 engine, the stronger 6 speed box with the 140 and above engines, no adblue, less to go wrong as you say!

Hi, 2 months ago I traded in my 2015 T5.1 102 Highline panel van, mint condition with only 31000 miles. I got £12350 (no VAT) for it against a new T6 Kombi. If I was you I would go for a low mileage T5.1 as opposed to aT6. Less to go wrong, no Adblue, better fuel economy and nicer dashboard (unless you get the T6 Comfort Dash). There are good, low-mileage vans out there at the right money, keep looking and be patient.
Thanks for that info wow 2015 with 31,000 miles on the clock that sounds perfect I think I need to do some more research and have a good look around on the market

Yes the 2015 shape changes to T6 then 2016 there is no ad blue I like you say the euro five engine that will be within my price range I may have to go for a bit hire mileage I will keep doing my research and looking around it is so addictive I spend all my night on forums and doing research my wife thinks I’ve gone crackers Thanks for all the feedback really appreciate it

Van is going be converted to a camper. I really really like the "Hilo" tops as creates a very low roof line. However, it does reduce the height a lot internally. I have been advised to go for a Skyline Aurora pop top. With extras like bi-fold bed, scenic canvas been quoted £4600 (inc VAT). As for the internal kitchen, EvoDesign. Only heard good things about them! I was planning to do a lot of the work myself but as I purchased a newer van have decided to let the experts do most of it...I'll do the easier jobs like sound deadening, insulating, ply lining etc.
Yes I think I will do the same, sound deadening,insulating ply poss windows as lots of posts ex on YouTube . I my have a go with the evo kitchen to keep the cost down . I will keep on with my research.

I think the t5.1 available with the 1.9 engine which is good for starship mileage with regular oil changes!

I’ve also read recently that shuttles can be cheaper and often no vat to add as privately owned.

Back