Advice please - EGR and Manifold issues (split pipe)

Discobadger

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Recently the Caravelle 150PS 2015 T6 engine management light came on. Luckily my brother has a bodyshop and I put the van on his Autel machine.
Here I presume lies the problem

IMG_8685.jpeg
I also get exhaust fumes in the cab and my local garage has said there is a split in the concertina pipe which is causing the fumes.
Based on the above I phone my local VW Van Centres (I’m based in Bolton)
Swansway in Preston and Trafford Park to get an idea on what the issue is and costs. Manchester basically said we can’t tell you until we check it on our diagnostic machine, whereas Preston said ‘I hope you’ve got a blank cheque book!’

I guess this is going to be an expensive repair but I wanted to throw it on here if anyone has any advice or maybe even advise where I could take it if not a local VW centre? Especially when Preston said one of the parts alone is £900!

Any advice or recommendation would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Recently the Caravelle 150PS 2015 T6 engine management light came on. Luckily my brother has a bodyshop and I put the van on his Autel machine.
Here I presume lies the problem

View attachment 217827
I also get exhaust fumes in the cab and my local garage has said there is a split in the concertina pipe which is causing the fumes.
Based on the above I phone my local VW Van Centres (I’m based in Bolton)
Swansway in Preston and Trafford Park to get an idea on what the issue is and costs. Manchester basically said we can’t tell you until we check it on our diagnostic machine, whereas Preston said ‘I hope you’ve got a blank cheque book!’

I guess this is going to be an expensive repair but I wanted to throw it on here if anyone has any advice or maybe even advise where I could take it if not a local VW centre? Especially when Preston said one of the parts alone is £900!

Any advice or recommendation would be much appreciated.

Thanks
It’s an easy repair with a superseded and improved part.
A common problem have a Search with ‘EGR pipe’

Start with the split EGR pipe and go from there.

A common problem and easy fix for your local Indy.

Or diy if you like playing with spanners.

Then note, clear the codes and see what comes back.

Id imagine a EGR flush/replacement may be due if you haven't had it done yet?

Back