T6 Build

Danvw799

The wife and I decided last year it was time to let the T4 go, I had practically re-built the thing over the years we owned it, but with two young kids and an urge to camp further afield we decided to stop pouring money into it and purchase a new van to turn into a camper.

after weeks of searching we found a T6 T30 140bhp highline and a deal was done

270357_10150210177811968_2118680_n.jpg

IMG-20160405-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20160405-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20160405-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20160405-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20160405-WA0006.jpg

The next thing on the list was side windows are a RIB seat, which I got fitted just in time for a Holiday to France to see Le-man classics.

When we came home the wife came across a set of 20" wheels for sale around the corner from us, although I am not keen on them for £400 it was worth it for the new tyres alone. Once fitted it looked awful in my opinion so it was time to pull the Bilstein suspension up the list, and a set of side bars

IMG-20161104-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20161105-WA0001.jpg

IMAG1514.jpg

IMAG100513.jpg

This is how she stayed for a few months as I played around with how much I wanted I drag the mud flaps on the floor. we wanted a kitchen but I wanted something different and also with two kids we needed a roof first,

so a quick call one day to skyline North and the following week she was booked in for an orange canvas roof, rear window and spoiler. Which to be honest the roof has totally transformed the van, the kids now sleep upstairs and love it

DSC_0620.JPG

DSC_0492.JPG

DSC_0632.JPG

The next thing on the list was side windows are a RIB seat, which I got fitted just in time for a Holiday to France to see Le-man classics.

When we came home the wife came across a set of 20" wheels for sale around the corner from us, although I am not keen on them for £400 it was worth it for the new tyres alone. Once fitted it looked awful in my opinion so it was time to pull the Bilstein suspension up the list, and a set of side bars

View attachment 10142

View attachment 10143

View attachment 10144

View attachment 10145
A classic example of the snowball effect - no, not the foam :rofl: - of how one thing leads to another :cool:. Looking good though, but will look better come the thaw :rofl:.

It's a wonder there is no Pink in there considering the little critter on the right looking all cute and smiley at you

Cheers guys, wish I had decided on the Orange route whilst doing the coilovers as I would have painted the brake calipers at the same time, hay ho.

I fitted a red upper grill strip onto mine which I personally think works quite well and gives enough of an accent.
I got mine from vanstyle but I think that places like customvanz and worldofqbcarbon do upper / lower orange versions as well.

FrontNoPlate.jpg

Have a look at "Terry" in @J8usx thread in Team Chestnut Brown for tasteful use of orange.

Many thanks, that looks good, I do currently have all the front chrome strips off and painting them orange, but I feel like I need to split the headlights and carry the Orange through. Which scares me a little at the mo so I will stick to the crome hehe

Well I certainly have some Orange on the outside of the van now,

not sure I am keen on the badge, seems too much,

20170630_162925.jpg

Ah cool thanks I've been in touch with you on fb about the roof thickness

Back