T6 Beach Auxiliary Heater Problem

copperdragon5

Hello,

I have a T6 Beach with Auxiliary Heating/Parking Heater, but it is not turning on.

The fault I'm getting from Car Scanner is:

============3==============
Raw code: 04B7
ECU: 6E. Control Head Roof (VW TP2.0)
Status: Test is inhibited by other DTC, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request
Volkswagen: Auxiliary heater control unit-J364

I'd be really grateful if someone knows what this fault means, or could point me in the direction of where to find out.

Thanks, Tom

That would suggest that another fault in a different module is stopping it. Do you have any other faults logged?

Also, do you have more than a 1/4 tank of fuel?

Also restart the control panel by pressing the on/off twice to turn it properly off then back on again.

Thank you for replying.

There’s a full tank of fuel and I’ve tried turning the control panel on and off a couple of times.

There are two previous faults but I guessed they were unrelated:

============1==============

Raw code: 00774C

ECU: 01. Engine control unit[Archive (inactive)]

============2==============

Raw code: 003F66

Status: Test is inhibited by other DTC, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request

In module 6E
01207 - Control Module for Auxiliary Heater (J364) - most likely no communication.

What's the status of the heater itself? By any chance locked?

Thanks for your reply.

The only messages I’ve got are the ones above. Is there another way to check the heater status? I’m wondering if it could be a board that controls the heaters that has stopped working hence no communication?

Check fuse SC46 in the fuse box under the gear lever. You can pull the fuse to reset the the controller as well.
9F1E65C1-F790-4683-BCAE-5C991CB8D48F.jpeg

Thanks again for the reply.

I’ve located, removed and checked the fuse SC46. It hadn’t blown, and the removal should have reset the controller as you say.

Still not working and the same codes unfortunately:

============1==============

Raw code: 00774C

============2==============

Raw code: 003F66

Status: Test is inhibited by other DTC, Test has not been completed, Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request

I don't think I can suggest anymore without a more detailed diagnostic scan from something like vcds to see what the other DTCs are.

30540 - Throttle Position Sensor (G69) - P0121 00 [032] - Implausible Signal
16230 - Control Module for Instrument Cluster - U1019 00 [032] - Missing Signal for Oil Level/Temperature
Those are not relevant for the heater being inoperable.

Is there another way to check the heater status? I’m wondering if it could be a board that controls the heaters that has stopped working hence no communication?
The code 01207 suggests the fault is on heater side. Would be beneficial to have a proper scan (VCDS) to verify the heater is there alive and communicating via OBD port at least.

Thanks for giving the info on the codes. I've booked it in to a dealer to be looked at so they'll be able to do the proper diagnostics. I thought I'd have a go down the DIY route first if it was possible.

Thanks for giving the info on the codes. I've booked it in to a dealer to be looked at so they'll be able to do the proper diagnostics. I thought I'd have a go down the DIY route first if it was possible.
Have you checked the 25A fuse under the passenger seat that powers the heater itself?

Hi. Thanks for asking. it’s booked in to a dealership next week so hopefully they’ll get to the bottom of it. I’ll update if I find out any more about the problem.

Hi mate! Did you sort it out?
What did they say at the main dealer?
I gave a similar problem with mine
Thanks in advance!!

I'll drop this in here as I found some of the advice on this thread useful. On my 2017 Caravelle, the auxiliary heater was not working due to a fault, flagged on Crash signal B1073 00.
The airbags also had this fault. Van has definitely not had a crash!
I was able to clear all the fault codes except the one on the aux heater.
I unplugged the two big fuses and each connector block under the passenger seat for 30 seconds and then reconnected. I was then able to clear the fault and the heater started working.

To note, as above, the vehicle needs to move before the heater will start, just a couple of meters.

Back