T6 Audio Upgrade

iampawlie

Hey,

Been lurking the forums for quite some time now in search for the perfect answer however still struggling to find the solution.

The goal is to upgrade my sound system in my t6 adding more speakers to the rear (hopefully 4 more but two will do), amp and sub. I want to do all this keeping the stock composition media head unit.

I understand that you can hook up two rear speakers onto the plug at the back of the radio.

Is there any need to knows to achieve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Id assume Iwould need the pre out harness however it is hard to source it in Aus
There is no pre out on the stock head units. You have to use an amp that will accept line level signals .

So what would be my options. To keep the stock headunit and speakers however add an additional two and amp and sub.

Send a pm to @Absolut5 He'll tell you the best way to do it and ship a plug+play kit over to you that you could fit yourself or get a local installer to fit.

The number of T5/6 in this country is mad, where I live in Poole I counted 24 vans in 2 minutes parked up along the harbour wall, they are everywhere. :laugh:

ETON do a direct plug nad play dedicated speaker kit - fronts for VW T6. They sound awsome from the head unit.

Hey,

Been lurking the forums for quite some time now in search for the perfect answer however still struggling to find the solution.

The goal is to upgrade my sound system in my t6 adding more speakers to the rear (hopefully 4 more but two will do), amp and sub. I want to do all this keeping the stock composition media head unit.

I understand that you can hook up two rear speakers onto the plug at the back of the radio.

Is there any need to knows to achieve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Hi, I just had rear pioneer speakers fitted,but trying to code them was a bit of a problem, until I got SMG Croydon to do this. One hour later & I’m well pleased.
You can also speak to Jason at Absolute5.

Last edited:
ETON do a direct plug nad play dedicated speaker kit - fronts for VW T6. They sound awsome from the head unit.

rears 17cm coaxial. Hope this helps. I’ve got this running off the standard head unit apart from the sub as I e ran out of room...:thumbsdown:

Door and tweet

amp

Sub

Hi, I just had rear pioneer speakers fitted,but trying to code them was a bit of a problem, until I got SMG Croydon to do this. One hour later & I’m well pleased.
You can also speak to Jason at Absolute5.
@Tattoo69 im dropping my van into Croydon to have it checked for the extended warranty. I need to get the rear fader coded, did Croydon charge to do yours or was it done as a freebie?

Back