T6 and T6.1 Rad pack interchangeable?

Apollo13

Hi all,

I suffered a front end collision last week and am now awaiting a decision on wether they’ll write the T6 off or not… At 9k estimate from a local accident repair place I can foresee they will. What a joke of a price but I guess they have to cover their a**. I’m also guessing the payout will be significantly less than the van is worth so I’m left with buying it back and getting it back on the road. No structural damage just cosmetic mostly but the front slam panel and rad pack are toast.

My question, are the T6 and T6.1 rad packs interchangeable? My van is a 2017 2.0l 102. I have access to a 6.1 locally to me but the couple of T6 rad packs available would be via eBay so I’d rather not risk it if I didn’t have to.

Last edited:
I doubt it, the T6 uses a FMIC where the 6.1 has a top mount charge cooler so i guess the rad will be different to accomodate ?

If you do fit a 6.1 rad then i guess you will need to change the trims/mounts around it possibly ?

Just to update this, I fitted a rad pack from a 2020 single turbo and everything was the same except the secondary rad had a return so I just teed it into the return from the main rad.

No problems at all.

Back