T6.1 - what’s compatible from a T6?

craigG

Hey guys, my first post! I’ve just bought a T6.1 startline, keen on giving it a facelift and getting rid of those black plastic bumpers etc.

Question is - how different are the front bumpers compared to the T6?
would things like splitters etc fit the T6.1?

Any ideas on how I can give the front a facelift, considering how limited it seems to look on T6.1 custom parts out there so far.

Keen to hear your ideas and advice! Thanks

Hey guys, my first post! I’ve just bought a T6.1 startline, keen on giving it a facelift and getting rid of those black plastic bumpers etc.

Question is - how different are the front bumpers compared to the T6?
would things like splitters etc fit the T6.1?

Any ideas on how I can give the front a facelift, considering how limited it seems to look on T6.1 custom parts out there so far.

Keen to hear your ideas and advice! Thanks
Keep the black plastics, slam it as low as you dare on a set of SoLows and throw some banded steels on for the modified commercial look. :cool:

What colour did you go for??? Everything, doors back, seem to be the same as the T6. I took delivery of mine in March, the salesman mentioned that a sportline front spoiler was due soon. Then the world stopped, so not sure if/when it’s coming. I’m also keen to do something, but will have to wait for a bit.

Ascot grey, very nice! C120ECA2-6BB7-4132-A188-CB88984DEABE.jpeg
What colour did you go for??? Everything, doors back, seem to be the same as the T6. I took delivery of mine in March, the salesman mentioned that a sportline front spoiler was due soon. Then the world stopped, so not sure if/when it’s coming. I’m also keen to do something, but will have to wait for a bit.

Have a look at Transporter HQ’s YouTube. They’ve done a commercial look with air ride. Way cool.

i've got an ascot grey california t6.1, thinking of adding banded amarok's, but no clue what colour to choose? any ideas / suggestions :)

i've got an ascot grey california t6.1, thinking of adding banded amarok's, but no clue what colour to choose? any ideas / suggestions :)
What’s Ascot Grey? Google shows me all sorts of different greys..

Does anybody know if the fog lights are the same as the T6? I would like to put some in, as really hate that little blanking plate that is there!

Latest update.

I added a front splitter and went for full colour coding of front bumper, door handles, wing mirrors, aerial, rear bumper and number plate cover. Also added a roof spoiler and a custom rear badge.

Since the pictures I have also added roof rails and wheels to come soon.

just wanted to share a way to upgrade the basic startline look on a t6.1 while we all await parts, spares and upgrades to be released!

D30BE6D6-9CBA-4EA8-AD41-34AA3C382D6B.jpeg
5626DD34-AACB-4456-BF13-EBBAB9E78C93.jpeg

Lookin’ good. Splitter looks fab, colour coded. Where did you get that from??

Lookin’ good. Splitter looks fab, colour coded. Where did you get that from??

from Van Style and had it painted with the rest of the colour coding. May swap it out when we get more options, but for now really like the profile of the front!

Cheers for that. I’ve seen the gloss black and carbon versions. But can’t find a matt black one, so might have to copy you, and colour code. As you say- wait for more options to make it to the market

Cheers for that. I’ve seen the gloss black and carbon versions. But can’t find a matt black one, so might have to copy you, and colour code. As you say- wait for more options to make it to the market

this popped up on eBay yesterday as a new product, not sure if it works with a startline bumper too though but I think these could be nicer!

share a pic of yours

Ha, just been looking at that, as your link is sold out. Looks like, just the small centre section

Mine in currently at the doctors. Auto wiper/lights fault. So spookily, I’m in an ascot grey startline loan vehicle. I’ve got side tubes, in the hall, awaiting fitting. I’ve got matt black badges on their way. And I’ve just got some matt black wrap from amazon. I’m going to have a go at the chrome on the grill. If it looks pony, it’s only £8, but at the moment, there’s not a lot out there for ours. Hopefully mine back this week, so will stick a photo up of my efforts

In summary, everything from the front wings backwards is the same (excluding some mechanics on the undercarriage). Going to keep a working list here of what accessories from a T6 you can use on your T6.1. These are the things so far I have tried and tested:
  1. Roof Rails ✅
  2. Side Bars ✅
  3. Rear Badge ✅
  4. Front Badge ✅
  5. Windows (Barn Doors, Tailgate, Fixed side panel, sliding side panel etc) ✅
  6. Window Rain/Wind Deflectors ✅
More to follow, feel free to share more too!

@craigG did you colour code the original startline bumper or buy a primed highline bumper?
I’m just contemplating buying a startline but will want to get it colour coded. Cheers

Back