T6.1 Tailgate handle not colour coded.

fair suck of the sauce bottle … tell the dealer your sending the boys around if he don’t fix it now !

Not just the look... What about security/functionality aspects:
Does it work with your current key, does it work with any key?​
Can you open the tailgate (with key) of locked van without triggering alarm?​
Is the cylinder lock as safe as without lock at all? Some (other brands at least) can be opened just by a screwdriver and brute force.​

Hi all , often lurked around on this site in anticipation of unforeseen problems , now I have one .splashed out last year on my beautiful T6.1 in pure grey , I’m a antiques dealer and make frequent trips over and back between UK and Ireland . Got a nice spec trend line , 150 BHP DSG , a model I think but not sure was unavailable in UK at time , between startline and sportline ,anyway over in Uk for a couple of fairs a couple of weeks ago , came back and opened tail gate and it was literally like a bucket of water peed out of door , from door itself , I think it was on this forum I saw similar cases caused by high brake light ,so being under warranty brought her back ,dealer identified problem with door handle , a week later finally got her back and thought there was something different , only when I got my lovely van home I realised they’ve put a crappy black door handle where there was a lovely colour coded pure grey one , wife says get over it , im like a lunatic , am I over reacting and I signed a warranty form presumably stating I’m happy with work carried out which I’m not will main dealer replace it again or back the wife up, I think I’d prefer 2 gallons of rain water in tailgate than that abomination

View attachment 148364

View attachment 148366
I remember contributing to the question of coloured tailgate handles. My T6 Highline has a colour coded handle without a key hole. My suggestion at the time of the questions was to go onto the VW van configurator and build a replica of your van. You should be able to see what the standard handle looks like for your van. This might help your argument. You could also have a look at photos of the same spec vans for sale. I would be mad too.

Hi all , often lurked around on this site in anticipation of unforeseen problems , now I have one .splashed out last year on my beautiful T6.1 in pure grey , I’m a antiques dealer and make frequent trips over and back between UK and Ireland . Got a nice spec trend line , 150 BHP DSG , a model I think but not sure was unavailable in UK at time , between startline and sportline ,anyway over in Uk for a couple of fairs a couple of weeks ago , came back and opened tail gate and it was literally like a bucket of water peed out of door , from door itself , I think it was on this forum I saw similar cases caused by high brake light ,so being under warranty brought her back ,dealer identified problem with door handle , a week later finally got her back and thought there was something different , only when I got my lovely van home I realised they’ve put a crappy black door handle where there was a lovely colour coded pure grey one , wife says get over it , im like a lunatic , am I over reacting and I signed a warranty form presumably stating I’m happy with work carried out which I’m not will main dealer replace it again or back the wife up, I think I’d prefer 2 gallons of rain water in tailgate than that abomination

I believe there is a thread on the forum about the different handles.
Well done that man @Sackmycook - 3 threads merged.
@Paulie.b see posts before yours for more info

In short, the tailgate handle trim could be unscrewed on the T6 after you’d removed the handle from the inside - can’t say for sure whether it’s the same with the facelift

Back