T6.1 Tailgate handle not colour coded.

Volvo1980

VIP Member
Hi, I picked up my new T6.1 Highline Panel van from VW Preston last week but the Tailgate handle is black and not colour coded, surely it should be on a Highline?
If somebody could offer some advice on this before I go back to them.

My Highline is. Has it had a replacement handle at some point?

edit - just noticed it’s a NEW T6.1. Ignore me! Haha.:uh run:

Hi, I picked up my new T6.1 Highline Panel van from VW Preston last week but the Tailgate handle is black and not colour coded, surely it should be on a Highline?
If somebody could offer some advice on this before I go back to them.
I got my white Highline from Preston VWVC and the handle is also white so it may be worth asking the question.

Hi. I've just had a play with the VW Van configuration on the VW website. I searched on a Candy white T6.1 panel van. The barn door model seems to have a colour coded handle but the optional tailgate had a black handle. It might be worth you using the website to put your exact van in to see what comes up. I'd be interested to hear your experience of the Preston Van Centre. I bought mine elsewhere but will need it servicing whilst under warranty. Didn't get the best impression when I was looking around last year.

I noticed when ordering mine, you have an option when choosing the tailgate it says “trunk/tailgate unlocking from outside” or “trunk/tailgate lid release from inside (electrically) I noticed on a YouTube video from Liverpool van centre that all of their vans have black handles with a key barrel!
I went to my local dealership who could’t help but did have a high line in stock, this did have a colour coded handle but didn’t have a key barrel!! Does yours have a key barrel?

I noticed when ordering mine, you have an option when choosing the tailgate it says “trunk/tailgate unlocking from outside” or “trunk/tailgate lid release from inside (electrically) I noticed on a YouTube video from Liverpool van centre that all of their vans have black handles with a key barrel!
I went to my local dealership who could’t help but did have a high line in stock, this did have a colour coded handle but didn’t have a key barrel!! Does yours have a key barrel?

HI, yes it does have a key barrel so maybe thats why, i have just emailed the dealership so will await their reply.

Sorry can't help on that mine is a T6 Kombi Highline , the tailgate was standard. No key but has an electric release on the inside. The build a van will let you pick the different locking mechanisms as options on the T6.1 panel van.

Hi. I've just had a play with the VW Van configuration on the VW website. I searched on a Candy white T6.1 panel van. The barn door model seems to have a colour coded handle but the optional tailgate had a black handle. It might be worth you using the website to put your exact van in to see what comes up. I'd be interested to hear your experience of the Preston Van Centre. I bought mine elsewhere but will need it servicing whilst under warranty. Didn't get the best impression when I was looking around last year.

They have been fairly good to be fair, alot had happened between ordering it in Jan and picking it up last week!
One thing I'm miffed about is the lack of product knowledge or not going through options with you thoroughly.

Thanks for the feedback on Preston. We were buying used so they were only really interested in current used stock rather than our specific needs/ options.

Thanks for the feedback on Preston. We were buying used so they were only really interested in current used stock rather than our specific needs/ options.

I went in to have a look at a pre registered T6 initially but if buying with finance it was a no brainer to buy new with the offers and ability to spec it exactly as you want it.

That could be it. Mine below has the inside opener.

I was asking about tailgate handles awhile back but didn't get any info. I was curious as to why some have keyholes some don't. As far as I can tell it's if you order the internal switch ,that you lose the keyhole.

Regards colour coding I thought all highlines would've been colour coded.

Mine is grey plastic, with keyhole, as previous photo. I’ve got a highline 6.1, with tailgate. I’ve got pure grey, so not that obvious. My roof nipple )• is also, not colour coded

I’m almost certain that as soon as you have a key barrel fitted then VW don’t feel it’s necessary to colour code the handle!! You have to opt for opening lid release from inside (electrically)

Anyone with a ‘metallic’ that could check????
I’ve got Starlight blue with tailgate with the key and it’s definitely a black handle. Mine blends in with the dark blue of the paint but I can imagine if you have a light colour it’s going to be a bit obvious.

Back