For Sale T6.1 T32 Brakes

BognorMotors

BMVS Sport & Performance
Trade Member
T6 Legend
We currently have three sets of delivery mileage T32 T6.1 front brakes for sale.

They include Calipers, carriers, pads and brake hoses.

£450 collected or we can arrange a courier at your cost (UK mainland is usually £50 as they are heavy)

Last edited:
Guessing they are the bigger ones?Would you be able to fit them if i came down?Mines a T6 T32 would they fit?

Guessing they are the bigger ones?
Olly does aftermarket brake upgrades so these are the 340mm ‘bigger brakes’ he takes off of new vans.

Would you be able to fit them if i came down?
He sold and fitted a set for me in 2020 whilst I waited, so you will just need to make an appointment.
Mines a T6 T32 would they fit?
Yes. Presuming yours is fitted with 308mm brakes, you’ll notice the difference - I certainly do.

Is there any difference between the T6 and T6.1 versions of these?
A few photos speak a thousand words:

There is a physical difference in size between genuine Vw supplied T6 & T6.1 "big brake" calipers, disc size is same on both at 340mm

T6 flavour:

1706190813971.png

T6.1 flavour:

1706190767512.png

You can see the T6 twin pot caliper is lots bigger & therefore for aesthetic reasons only (in my very humble opinion) better :cool:

Last edited:
@moo

This is the physical difference in size between genuine Vw supplied T6 & T6.1 "big brake" calipers, disc size is same on both at 340mm

T6 flavour:

1700862995552.png

T6.1 flavour:

1700862887524.png

You can see the T6 twin pot caliper is lots bigger & therefore for aesthetic reasons only (in my very humble opinion) better :cool:
couldn't see any pics? might just be my computer

There is a physical difference in size between genuine Vw supplied T6 & T6.1 "big brake" calipers, disc size is same on both at 340mm

T6 flavour:

View attachment 226945

T6.1 flavour:

View attachment 226944

Interesting, is there any actual braking differences ignoring the looks? I'm on steels so you can't see the brakes anyway?

T6 flavour:

View attachment 226945

T6.1 flavour:

View attachment 226944

The T6.1 (green) is the better caliper. Although the red T6 is bigger. It’s single piston, and the T6.1 is twin.
See correction below.

Last edited by a moderator:
The T6.1 (green) is the better caliper. Although the red T6 is bigger. It’s single piston, and the T6.1 is twin.
Oli @BognorMotors

The T6 (red) caliper is definitely twin piston, not single:

1708215722939.png

The green T6.1 caliper is still twin piston, but a smaller casting and therefore lighter.
Helps with unsprung weight, I presume & cheaper to manufacture by Vw?
I'm not sure that makes it better?
Just not as aesthetically chunky.
Chunky is the look I am wanting.

Last edited:
Interesting, is there any actual braking differences ignoring the looks?I'm on steels so you can't see the brakes anyway?
I don't know yet, fitting is in the next 8 weeks or so. :thumbsup:

@BoroBoy has just had the T6 340mm upgrade - he should be able to enlighten you
@JOG did the same upgrade a while back & he should also be able to give an opinion on the difference in bite / feel / stopping power, if there is any...

Sorry my mistake. Late night and not reading thread through properly :)

But yes the smaller caliper is lighter and more efficient - definitely feels better under foot as well than the T6. And both are a huge improvement over the smaller kit. . We will have some upgraded pads for the T6.1 T32 calipers as well- watch this space.

I don't know yet, fitting is in the next 8 weeks or so. :thumbsup:

@BoroBoy has just had the T6 340mm upgrade - he should be able to enlighten you
@JOG did the same upgrade a while back & he should also be able to give an opinion on the difference in bite / feel / stopping power, if there is any...
I bought a set of T32 “big brakes” from a fellow forum member to go on my California. My experience is that the van feels the same during “normal” driving. However, when some hard braking is needed, there is a noticeable difference! As I occasionally tow a hoofing great big twin-axle caravan, the big brakes help.

Sorry my mistake. Late night and not reading thread through properly :)

But yes the smaller caliper is lighter and more efficient - definitely feels better under foot as well than the T6. And both are a huge improvement over the smaller kit. . We will have some upgraded pads for the T6.1 T32 calipers as well- watch this space.
Thanks for the brakes today Oli, I can confirm, the T6.1 big brakes are unbelievablely better than the T6 normal brakes!

Thanks for the brakes today Oli, I can confirm, the T6.1 big brakes are unbelievablely better than the T6 normal brakes!
Glad you’re happy - I think it is a very worthwhile upgrade. (Sometimes my boys ask me to brake hard just for entertainment!!!)

Back