T6.1 suspension to T6 van?

Tricky Dicky

VIP Member
I'm sure someone on here will know. Would a factory suspension from a T6.1 T32 fit a 2016 T6 T32 4Motion......any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

I'm sure someone on here will know. Would a factory suspension from a T6.1 T32 fit a 2016 T6 T32 4Motion......any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Yes, providing that you are replacing the full kit of shocks and springs. T6.1 front springs are not compatible with T6 front shocks and vice versa.

The Van Cave, thanks for the really quick response, I am buying a full kit from a forum member, so should be fine. Once again thanks.
And how did it suit you?
I am also buying a set for the front and I hope that the shock absorbers are already improved.

And how did it suit you?
I am also buying a set for the front and I hope that the shock absorbers are already improved.
There is no real gains in doing this other than if the old shocks are worn out ??
How do we know they are worn out ? 3 ways normally , 1. Oil leaking sure sign they are finished . 2 Vehicle is on a shock tester and not resisting movement well, rocks more than 1.5 times , 3 Mileage if its done 60 to 80 k miles the oil will be thin as water and cant function normally .
Its so difficult to spot a shock that isn't working normally as the slow degradation of the oil means the driver doesn't notice it , ( until they are replaced )
We replace shocks in brand new Vans and the customers who throw there new shocks in our scrap bin generally say that the new T6.1 shock made in Spain isn't as good as the T 6 and T5 ones made by Monroe in Belguim ( when they were new )

I'm already after the replacement but I bought the whole shock absorbers with bumpers and upper bearings. It fit without a problem.
And in my opinion Monroe shocks are less durable. But we'll see as we go.

Back