T6.1 SOS disable following aftermarket head unit

ojf10000

VIP Member
Apologies is already covered, did a search but couldnt find anything.
I have fitted an aftermarket head unit to my T6.1.
This in turn stops the sos function working and caused a warning and light on the dash (i was made aware and told this can be coded out with Vagcom). I have a local garage with the software but they dont have a clue what settings they need to change. Can anyone advise please? Thanks

I would start by
a) backing up van's configuration by doing a VCDS Auto-Scan​
b) removing address 75: Telematics from Gateway (address: 19) Installation List.​
c) removing fuse SC50 (5A) to power off the Telematics controller​
d) checking for any new faults by doing a VCDS Auto-Scan​
However, the now gone 75:Telematics controller has a dedicated communication line with Airbag controller so hopefully the Airbags will be happy with the situation.

Anyways, to avoid unnecessary hassle it would be a good idea to make sure the garage is using genuine VCDS/Vagcom.

I would agree with the above, after doing those steps it’s likely you will see faults in other modules triggered by this and then some of them will need coding tweaks to clear as they will be looking for/trying to communicate with the missing module

Reactions: mmi
Thanks for the replys guys, possibly not as straight forward as i was hoping by the sounds. Guess i maybe need to find someone with experience on the matter. Any recommendations for anyone in Yorkshire that could help?

Thanks mate, will see how i get on with the link. Guess a lead would set me back a few quid?
I travel a lot with work so hopefully be able to find someone on my travels.

Back