T6.1 service requirements question

MrD

T6 Guru
After some advice from the Hive mind. My T6.1 I bought new (delivery miles 200 guessing from/to convertors) from a non VW franchised dealers in April this year, it’s a 21 plate . To my shame it’s only covered 1800 miles in total so far. Just had a text from the VW dealership it went to for recall on Bowden cables stating that my service is due??.

Does that sound right at such low miles?. What is usual requirement and will it cause a warranty issue if it’s not done as requested? Opinions please?

I bought my September 21 registered T6.1 in November 21 with 75 miles, it has now done 3200 miles and a reminder came up on my dash saying service due in 30 days, I contacted VW in Stoke on Trent and they have advised me to have an interim service at a cost of £244.

John.

Reactions: MrD
To add to this question I have just had my build sheet supplied by this forum (thanks) and on it iirc it has Service interval at 2 years . So surely it’s not due until next year ? . Are the dealers above just drumming up business or are they actually correct , I am assuming they are going by a 12 month schedule?. I have had no service warning or lights come up .

To add to this question I have just had my build sheet supplied by this forum (thanks) and on it iirc it has Service interval at 2 years . So surely it’s not due until next year ? . Are the dealers above just drumming up business or are they actually correct , I am assuming they are going by a 12 month schedule?. I have had no service warning or lights come up .
First service at 10k then 2 years if you like the longlife intervals.
I prefer yearly servicing.

Mines a 20’ build 6.1 & I’ve had oil changed 12monthly, so twice already regardless of long life oil VW protocol etc as @Loz states

Mine does lots of short local runs/commutes & I’m no fan of leaving it 2yrs either

Reactions: MrD
Back