T6.1 retrofitting cruise control

tommo

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi guys,

i used the search function but i didn't find a solution to my question.

someone was able to instal cruise control on T6.1 150bhp?

I'm going crazy trying to get it installed on a customer's vehicle,

the van have OEM the leather steering wheel with mfsw, but without cruise...

i bought the original steering wheel bezel with control for cruise, and a wire and code from "wibutec" in germany....
they wrote on the websites that the installation is easy and with the code they sell with the kit, i go to the vw service and they active the GRA....

on their instruction's they wrote to install the wire on the plug TT16L at position 2...and direct in ECU, plug T91at position 79,
then go to WV service and active the GRA with code sold in kit

i does all following the instruction, but when i goes to the service, the error "gra not recognized" appear at every try,
so i start to study the wire connection of the original GRA installation... and i realize the the instruction from wibutec are wrong

on the original wiring, the wire start from plug TT16L at position 2 (on the spiral wire behind the steering wheel)
goes to BCM plug T73a at position 53 and also to the ecu at plug T91at position 79....

i think if the wire goes only from TT16L to ecu is wrong... and is the cause of unable coding...

@Robert @Pauly

sameone can help me???

Reactions: mmi
You’ve probably seen this thread but if not, this thread mentions it being retrofitted on a CXGD engine (but I couldn’t work out what power-output that was) -

Reactions: mmi
You’ve probably seen this thread but if not, this thread mentions it being retrofitted on a CXGD engine (but I couldn’t work out what power-output that was) -
i saw it, but i think is totally useless, no explain, no scheme, no specification, only "wow i'm able to" .....

i thinks this is useless for a forum..... if the information is shared the post make a sense, if you write a post only for strut about, is really usefull...

imho

but anyway thanks for the reporting.

T6.1 150bhp?
What's the engine code? There are (at least) three different hardware 150PS variants in T6.1. CXFA, CXHA, DNAA,...
on the original wiring, the wire start from plug TT16L at position 2 (on the spiral wire behind the steering wheel)
goes to BCM plug T73a at position 53 and also to the ecu at plug T91at position 79....
Seems to be correct for engines DNAA, DNAB, DNAC, DMZA.

What's the engine code? There are (at least) three different hardware 150PS variants in T6.1. CXFA, CXHA, DNAA,...

Seems to be correct for engines DNAA, DNAB, DNAC, DMZA.
sorry i forgot to write the engine code, is a DMZA .
So you confirm that the wire must to be connected to bcm and ecu, and not as wrote from wibutec only on ecu...

right?

sorry i forgot to write the engine code, is a DMZA .
So you confirm that the wire must to be connected to bcm and ecu, and not as wrote from wibutec only on ecu...

right?
Correct - however, what about connector T16e pins 2 and 4 - shouldn't they also be connected as per wiring diagram, or do they just relate different steering wheel/stalk combination?
1652338179732.png

Anyways, slightly off topic - DMZA is 150 kW variant - thus 204 oomph's

Correct - however, what about connector T16e pins 2 and 4 - shouldn't they also be connected as per wiring diagram, or do they just relate different steering wheel/stalk combination?
View attachment 156210

Anyways, slightly off topic - DMZA is 150 kW variant - thus 204 oomph's
about the wire, if you see the cable 2 and 4 are steering wheel side(plug 716e) and wire 2 only on steering column side (plug t16l) i think the two different combination on steering wheel side are for GRA or ACC version (the version with ACC has different buttons)

Back