Sat nav for t6.1

We are new to camper van ownership, we have a 2021 t6.1 which allows us to connect our iPhone with a lead to the van screen to use the maps from our phone.
we were hoping there was an upgrade with vw to put sat nav onto the screen without our phone but we are told not.
can anyone suggest a way to improve sat nav in the van, the two issues are 1. If we go over a big bump in the road the cable shakes and looses connection to the screen and 2. We can’t use the phone while connected hands free.
any ideas welcome
Michael

I assume you’re using apple carplay - this works really good for me I pay subscription to tomtom go mobile and it works really well. Never had a problem with loose connection- are you using a genuine apple lead? What do you need to do with the phone when it’s connected? I also now use a carlinkit wireless adapter because I’m in and out of the van quite a bit for work and it’s handy not to have keep unplugging it but you will need to use a wireless charger if you’re going any distance as the combination of sat nav and wireless hammers the phone battery. Personally I prefer this to the built in type of sat nav as it’s allways up to date.

I fact I find the phone better when used with carplay- it’s too quiet on Bluetooth.

I fact I find the phone better when used with carplay- it’s too quiet on Bluetooth.
That may be to do with your volume settings. Either go into the settings menu to change it, or turn up the volume mid call.

I've just ordered a carlinkit 4 as android is a pain having to connect a cable every time so I will let you know what I think

I’ve got the carlinkit 3 just for iPhone and it works really well. So far it’s just as reliable as wired connection only downside is it takes about 20-30 seconds to connect.

I have a 2021 T6.1 camper conversion and a 2017 T6 work van. I wanted wireless carplay for both but particularly for the work van. I bought the Carlinkit 4.0 but couldn't get it to fire up with the T6. Swapped it out to the T6.1 and it worked straight away. Anyone know what might be stopping it working in the older van? Same head unit......

Back