T6.1 Parking sensor Carista error codes

BikerPa

VIP Member
T6 Guru
B4645DB1-7A89-4351-A197-85922AEEF2A9.pngAnnoyingly PDC has failed again having just been fixed under warranty by dealer

I’m fed up of doing a 70mile round trip to sort it again so can anyone help with these error codes please.

I believe they are rear sensor related but don’t want to have to go hunting blindly for which one(s)
TIA
Mike

1078788 - Rear Left Parking Aid Sensor - B1076 04 [009] - Internal System Fault
1079044 - Center Rear Left Parking Aid Sensor - B1077 04 [008] - Internal System Fault

Many thanks @mmi
Dealer said it was a connector fault when went in last time. Is there a common connector for both of these behind the bumper or individual ones?

Or is it likely one in the rear D pillar?

Just to clarify - yours is the "traditional" parking aid = just sensors & display & beepers = not steering the vehicle?

There is one common connector for all four sensors - connector T12p in left D-pillar. Just wiring loom inside the bumber.
This should help - page 6

However, the "Internal System Fault" bothers me a bit as "normal" sensor faults report usually something else, e.g. short to ground, no signal, etc. See more here

F3A86636-0FB2-4C44-9F45-B05627A76DDD.jpeg@mmi mine has the camera & auto parking aid as well not just the basic beepers if that makes a difference

It also has factory towbar.

I have checked the wiring behind the bumper which seems intact & also found this plug in the D pillar which looks ok as well. Unless it’s not the correct one?

mine has the camera & auto parking aid as well not just the basic beepers if that makes a difference
Thanks for the clarification. Shouldn't make a difference here.
Unless it’s not the correct one?
You could check wire colours vs. pin numbers vs. wiring diagram. However, not likely the cause.

Anyways, the fault explanation "Internal System Fault" seems to imply in plain English "Sensor Faulty". If you really want yourself to trace this, the obvious next move would be to swap a sensor from left to right and verify the fault follows and one of the above clears.

Instead of the fault codes above would expect to see:
1079300 - Center Rear Right Parking Aid Sensor​
1079556 - Rear Right Parking Aid Sensors​

Ok many thanks @mmi I think this is looking like another trip to the dealer. This vans electrics seem to be jinxed. ADAS is hooped, SOS errors…etc etc.

I think it got built late on a Friday PM:rolleyes:

Reactions: mmi
Back