T6.1 OEM LED Headlight retrofit - DIY or pro fit?

canaryben

I would like to upgrade my standard t6.1 headlights from these...
1696938103574.png

to these...
1696937982529.png

Does anyone know where is the best place to find these lights, an idea of cost and is it an easy job to do myself or worth paying a professional?

Those are genuine VW LED headlights, which is not an easy retrofit. You'll need new headlights, LED power modules, levelling sensors, a host of new wiring and a load of coding done to get them working. Definitely one for the professionals and you would be looking at several thousand pounds to get it done.

There are aftermarket options available, which whilst they don't look the same as those, they are very good and with the right bulbs offer great light output at a fraction of the price of the retrofit option you are looking for above. We can't do the OEM retrofit on the T6.1, but we can supply and fit the after market options.

I have done it to my first 6.1 and it’s a bit more involved than doing it on a 6, the levelling system is optional on a 6 but mandatory on a 6.1 to get the lights working and the coding (adaptions) is quite involved, can’t remember exactly what I spent but I would pit it around £3k

Hi, I got working T6.1 OEM headlights in a T5.1 that originally came with halogen lights. Everything including dimming drls when indicating and you can even adjust the height with the original switch in the cabin. So it should be possible here as well

I have done it to my first 6.1 and it’s a bit more involved than doing it on a 6, the levelling system is optional on a 6 but mandatory on a 6.1 to get the lights working and the coding (adaptions) is quite involved, can’t remember exactly what I spent but I would pit it around £3k
I'm face lifting my T6 caravelle halogen factory headlights thinking of fitting oem t6.1 xenon headlights, is this something can be done? Thanks

I'm face lifting my T6 caravelle halogen factory headlights thinking of fitting oem t6.1 xenon headlights, is this something can be done? Thanks
Yes it’s possible but not in a conventional retrofit way, the new 6.1 headlights run in a different way to t6 headlights but there is somewhere you can get an interface to get the lights working if you have a search around (I can’t remember where I have seen them)

Back