T6.1 Multivan Tow Bar Electrics (I live in Spain)

ShaunB

I have just had a Lafuente 7-pin removable tow bar fitted to my Van and the mechanic showed me all is working with his tester. Got home and put my bike rack on and nothing works. Checked all the bulbs at the plug end. All working. I have to use a 13-pin to 7-pin adaptor.
Took the van back and everything working still with mechanic's tester. Made a jury-rigged wiring tester for the socket with a 12 volt bulb and tried the Earth and left indicator/lights pins and nothing...
Could it be something to do with the van having all LED lighting components? Do I need a new bike carrier with LEDs? Can't find such a thing.
Help!

Does your bike rack have all the bulbs? (indicators x 2, tail lights x 2, brake lights x 2)
Not sure about T6.1 but on T6 trailer detection requires minimum of 2 working bulbs (of indicators and tail lights)

Does your bike rack have all the bulbs? (indicators x 2, tail lights x 2, brake lights x 2)
Not sure about T6.1 but on T6 trailer detection requires minimum of 2 working bulbs (of indicators and tail lights)
Indeed it does. All checked and working.

Reactions: mmi
Worst case scenario you could consider purchasing this kit to verify your new setup.
Thanks for that - I'll see if I can get one over here - it's now a buggah getting things sent from the UK - usually end up at Customs needing more than the cost to forward...
I did buy a push-in car/trailer tester, but that's showing nothing. Looks the same as the mechanic's and his shows all's well.

Back