T6.1 Lower trim removal to replace with Chrome help please

Bayliner

Hi All,

Thank you for all the help so far.

I am trying to work out how to remove the lower plastic trim in the dog bone bumper so I can replace it with a chrome trim. Photo attached. I have read that the bumper has to be removed, I did manage to take the trim out from the front but for some reason I can’t get the new trim in, does not want to click into place.

I am guessing it needs the catches to be manipulated from the back for the catches to hook with one another. It’s the trim below the parking sensor

Any advice would be great EB0F3D39-176F-4C61-AF81-A5D87800A617.jpeg

Thanks

It’s a bumper off job to get the replacements in place. Plus you need to undo the plastic welds that hold the bumper bracket in place to get full access.

I won’t lie it’s an absolute ball ache to do. Never again and not even for a good mate.

Patience and good soldering iron to melt the plastic welds and re melt them once you have finished.

It’s a bumper off job to get the replacements in place. Plus you need to undo the plastic welds that hold the bumper bracket in place to get full access.

I won’t lie it’s an absolute ball ache to do. Never again and not even for a good mate.

Patience and good soldering iron to melt the plastic welds and re melt them once you have fin

Thanks I did see a video from Transporter HQ where they removed the the grille and bumper. But are you saying you have to also cut away at the soldered parts on the dog bone also to get the trim in. According to Van Style its a 25 minute job, but it doesn’t sound like it.

thanks paolo

Thanks I did see a video from Transporter HQ where they removed the the grille and bumper. But are you saying you have to also cut away at the soldered parts on the dog bone also to get the trim in. According to Van Style its a 25 minute job, but it doesn’t sound like it.

thanks paolo
Or necessarily cut them away, just heat up the plastic welds to allow you access into the are where you feed in the part.

You have to do this as some of the clips are behind the bracket. It’s not as bad as it seems. Just patience is a definite plus though.

Thank you, I think with a little bit of effort I might be able to push the new trims in from the front. The smaller sections seem to go in ok..

Back